Shipping a bike from CT to JHB

Super_mil

Hi All,

What is the best way to get a bike shipped up to JHB from CT?

The bike will be boxed and will weigh in at around 18kgs.

What sort of cost would I be looking at?

Thanks

Im guessing its not a cheap bike so rather go with a reputable courier to make sure the bike gets there. No point in skimping and the bike never gets there or damaged en route.

Edited by MCipollini

I think that will be a bit difficult, you might have to ship from Cape Town to Durban and then maybe drive it to JHB.... whistling.gif On a lighter note, shouldn't cost much with a courier company.... Time freight very reliable, IMHO.... and reasonable too.... There shipping warehouse is in Montague Gardens

Edited by Buzzman

Just done this for a bike that I bought on classifieds in the hub in CTN. Used Cyclelab as I know they are less likely to make a mess and have branches in both regions. hipping from CTN to JHB is R400-00 plus boxing of bike R95-00, and they are re-assembling for me on this side. All nice and easy. You can no doubt get cheaper but this was hassle free.

Ball park figure cost wise for Timfreight? Do they come and collect the box or do you have to deliver to the depot? Just as a matter of interest..

I use to drop off parcels for folks in Kimberley at cargo section of Cpt airport and they would put it on next flight. Not sure if you can still do that. Dad would just pick it up airport in Kimberley.

Edited by MCipollini

I have used DCB Logistics twice to get bikes from Cape Town to JHB and to Maritzburg by road. The boxed weight of 18kgs sounds right and I paid about R180 per bike (uninsured)

The company is owned by cyclists and do a lot of work during the Argus event.

Tel: 0861 322 564

• 1 month later...

Thanks to this thread I just used Cyclelab to courier my wifes bike bike - which I bought through the classifieds - from JHB to PE. What awesome service and extremely resonable. Highly recomended.