Strava..... For dummies

rattlesnake

I have contacted Strava on this a few times and they have shown me the logged ticket where they will be adding in a better more accurate function. Hate the current one because when you see people have taken the easier route you are almost forced to do that in order to get a time. We created one called the Big U at VG, but then one day we didn't do the full one into the rocky section on the hill but rode along the edge of the field and it gave us better times so we investigated and turns out we were the only ones that were setting times on the longer harder route (the original). Anyway we sorted that out by klapping the shorter route. Bit sad though.

I still have mini oom piets clap.gif ...dammit you have to be KOM of your own sections.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid me , thanks .

ok found it and i promise i will not forget to switch my unit of when the bike is on the car .

Strafdoppe if you do...this is serias **** bra...don't screw around with strava, its like crack for cyclists w00t.gif

Start at the back, finish at the front

Swift01 is renown for doing this one with me....

Stay away from the PRO’s segments. You don’t have a chance…

This doesn't help when our Olympian comes and does the Nissan VG race and klaps all the segments...

Edited by typhoon

Strafdoppe if you do...this is serias **** bra...don't screw around with strava, its like crack for cyclists w00t.gif

whahaha , and i promise if some one steels one of my KOM im not gonna kill myself trying to get it back ( remeber a story that some stupid dude got killed over seas doing this )

whahaha , and i promise if some one steels one of my KOM im not gonna kill myself trying to get it back ( remeber a story that some stupid dude got killed over seas doing this )

Yeah we quickly got new terms and conditions after that kid died.

Ask rouxtjie about him doing one of his own segments. I think he crashed in the first 20m of it ha ha

I've joined The Hub SA club, but what else can you do instead of Recent Activity and Members?

Oh ok I see one thing is when you do a segment you can select the club and it only shows those members' times.

I've joined The Hub SA club, but what else can you do instead of Recent Activity and Members?

When you check a segment, you can show just the club members you part of

This doesn't help when our Olympian comes and does the Nissan VG race and klaps all the segments...

Yeah...i was up there on a couple of segments and then a nissan series race came through and blew me out the water!

Yeah...i was up there on a couple of segments and then a nissan series race came through and blew me out the water!

Try having the Argus come through every year on all the segments you've been doing :)

Yeah we quickly got new terms and conditions after that kid died.

Ask rouxtjie about him doing one of his own segments. I think he crashed in the first 20m of it ha ha

Oi what happens on the trail....

I kept my mini oom piets, tied with Philip buys....but then again he already did 50km by then, and wasn't trying....I had eye of the tiger playing, and klapped 4 gels just before that 1km section.

Damn its close

http://app.strava.com/segments/2208561

Edited by rouxtjie

You can also delete the ride if you really want. I'm sitting with the same issue; my actual ride was 93.8km, 3h15 but @ the 1h37 mark I stopped my Garmin because I had coffee and then when I left I started it again and "lapped" it. My Garmin shows the entire ride, GarminConnect (other logging software) shows the full distance BUT with a 1h37 "moving time" and 3h15 "ride time." So frustrating because it appears that despite the entire route being on my Garmin, when I uploaded it, only the GPS data of my first "lap" was recorded and the time of the overall ride.

Just joined the group and I see there are now 37 of us.

I flagged the ride and marked it as private so it does not show up in any of the KOM stats or anything. On Bryton's website everything is perfect. Distance, time, everything. As soon as I upload to strava something goes haywire.