Strava..... For dummies

rattlesnake

Yeah jonkers bottom to the saddle with a garmin barometric GPS 600 odd meters, with strava app 900 odd meters, slight difference lol

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah jonkers bottom to the saddle with a garmin barometric GPS 600 odd meters, with strava app 900 odd meters, slight difference lol

Yeah, I had a 500 m difference the other while rolling the Argus route.

:-P

Yeah, I had a 500 m difference the other while rolling the Argus route.

:-P

same with k2c people showed 1700 climbing after 45km where theres only 1700m climbing in 95km

Now I know who gave me kudos.happy.png

I think I might be over trained, just slightly...

Dude what do you do for a living, geez I wish I had the time you have to train!

For all erratic elevation stats; if you go onto the website, you can click on the elevation(text under number) and Strava will re-calculate it using GEO data, discarding the GPS/barometric data your GPS used.

What I've found is that if you park the bicycles with the GPS(Garmin) at the kitchen door but leave the tumble drier going with a last load the first few kilometers (quite a few!) are all downhill according the the recorded data. The elevation fix option on the website comes in handy in these type of cases. wink.png

If you use the app, it doesn't allow for this. Which is annoying because I've got a ride where I did 2800m climbing but it comes up as 3600m.

For all erratic elevation stats; if you go onto the website, you can click on the elevation(text under number) and Strava will re-calculate it using GEO data, discarding the GPS/barometric data your GPS used.

Yeah Garmin Connect has this too. Quite useful, thanks (didn't know Strava had it).

Just upped an 80km ride from 663m to 721m climbed.... quite a difference. Garmin Connect had some where it was almost 200m difference.

Aah that explains it, enjoy it while you can.

I understand what you're saying. At the moment I've got a month of holiday left before 3rd year Electronic Engineering (at Tuks) commences. Then I'll have little time.

I understand what you're saying. At the moment I've got a month of holiday left before 3rd year Electronic Engineering (at Tuks) commences. Then I'll have little time.

Me think he means more when the demands of work life and other obligations will ask for your time and energy, Helpmytrap.

Into the future, that is.

:-)

Me think he means more when the demands of work life and other obligations will ask for your time and energy, Helpmytrap.

Into the future, that is.

:-)

I know, which is why I said that I understand and continued with "at the moment..." Besides, I don't think one will ever have as much free time in life as they did in their student years which is why I'm using it to the fullest. :-)

I know, which is why I said that I understand and continued with "at the moment..." Besides, I don't think one will ever have as much free time in life as they did in their student years which is why I'm using it to the fullest. :-)

Cool.

Enjoy!

Good luck with that 3rd year.

• 1 year later...

Someone enlighten me please..

So today I create a segment from my training ride this am.

It was intervals on Suikerbossie x 6 times.

So I figure create a segment then every week when I do they same workout I can compare.

Its from a line on road just after robots at bottom to the new bus stop at top.

This afternoon when I go to look at my ride the segment has been flagged as dangerous by another user ?

WTF I am missing ?

Its exactly the same as Suikerbossie south side except 50/60m shorter ?

I never got into the whole strava thing.. I hardly review my rides.. now why would I want other people giggling at them..

Someone mentioned Nino logged some rides, so I went and looked now.. and even more convinced that strava not for me phewie you guys see his ride of today?. I also reckon that all the records on strava for the western cape is going to fly out the window now that nino and the other big boys are here and making their way here ;)

But hey each to their own. All good fun for those that use it.

Also I have a few routes that erm I dont want to share with anyone ;) he he he cause some of the locals will go spoil it.. (pls note all of the above is tongue in cheek)

Edited by Gen