Cyclists are rude!

Clinton1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't greet while cycling. I need both my hands to keep it straight.

Getting really sick of everyone screaming "hold your line" at me...

Besides...I'm only gonna greet the single sexy ladies...the rest of you lot should be peddling harder if you have energy left over for a silly game of "whose gonna wave back".

Runners have more time and less risk to greet.

I have to control this animal between my legs noticing the terrain and keeping the rubber down.

Clint, you make it too easy dude!

It's purely logical without having to question the general attitude of cycling as a whole.

When out running you generally are not doing anything with your hands anyway, you're generally going a lot slower and you feel far safer off the verge to some extent and most importantly your eye line is up because of your posture and therefore your attention is on who and what is in this plane of sight.

Cycling however, you're steering, changing gears, braking, so hands on required, more so, if you're giving it most of what you have, focussing on your line (as WP suggested) cos potholes, etc are a real threat and as such that combined with the forward seated posture on the bike, means most people don't pay attention to noticing other cyclists until they are almost on top of them.

Runners have more time and less risk to greet.

I have to control this animal between my legs noticing the terrain and keeping the rubber down.

Ja, the short version of what I just typed....

Isn't this exactly how (almost)every (Clint)thread has played out? A comment, a few shots and then the inevitable detailed explanation..

Check,

1.. A summary; "I wasn't saying that, but rather saying this..."

2.. You call me names? I'll put you straight with a ..

3.. Someone agrees! You get a smiley.. all you others don't!

Hmm page 2, more Clint bashing after the break??

Edit: Yes

snip

So I need to ask, is this normal behaviour for cyclists? And if so, why? Does the relative expense of the equipment needed to cycle mean that most cyclists are snobs who feel they are above being friendly to strangers?

snip

POS you missed this one: The obvious and deep seated resentment of the amount others spend on their kit. A recurring theme in almost every one of his threads. So tedious.

POS you missed this one: The obvious and deep seated resentment of the amount others spend on their kit. A recurring theme in almost every one of his threads. So tedious.

You are a master in deduction. This is true, I am seeing the pattern!!

..on with the show..

That's some serious forensic stuff.

I too have noticed the 'issue' you mention.

mellow.png

and it was probably typed on a nokia :)

I am just having a laugh Clint...no harm meant.