Best of the best racing road bikes 2013?

sharkysa

After spending to much time riding on the dirt and after enjoying Killarney racing week after week I have decided to upgrade my road bike and try this road racing.

I have a 2010 specialized Roubaix Pro, Ultegra, Zipp 404 Firecrest wheels. Now I want something a bit more racey and cool.

On my shooping list

1. Colnago C59 - They now come with disc brakes - wtf

2. Pinarello Dogma Think 2 - Everyone with a bit of money seems to have one! To popular

3. Merckx EMX 525 - The Cannibal, gotta be an option!

4. Cervelo R5 - Clean lines, mmm

5. Specialized SL4 - Only had specialized bikes so keen for a change.

My preference these days is Shimano, but some may say those Italian frames deserve campy?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at some machines in the 'Black bikes' and 'official weight weenies' thread for ideas. You forgot to mention the Cannondale Evo. From your list above the Pina is way overpriced, so is the Cervelo. If you like the C59 go for the standard version instead of the disc ( levers look awkward) read the reviews online. The purists will ridicule you for putting Shimano on a Italian beauty but it's becoming more acceptable. Ride what you like, the new DA 11spd is getting good reviews. I am biased though as I have a secret passion to own a C59 with Super Record. As for the EVO, what can I say it is awesome, light, clean lines, stiff but comfortable. Have a look at Canyon as well, they sell directly to customer. You can get a top of the line 800g, Ultimate SLX for R26000 including taxes and import. Biild it up the way you like. There was a thread about Canyon's in Chit Chat.

Edited by Cippo

Cannondale Evo

EuroBike of the year 2011 & 2012

Nuff said.

Matt black. SRAM Red 2012.

Good luck with your decision!

Great one to make.

(Spez Venge shaxxy winner in the aero bike dept)

How did I know you gonna say that. Seriously though it is an awesome machine.

Edited by Cippo

I was told that the Evo is uncomfortable and you can feel every bump in the road? The salesman that told me that did have a floor full of Pinarellos though...

I was told that the Evo is uncomfortable and you can feel every bump in the road? The salesman that told me that did have a floor full of Pinarellos though...

Last time I read lab tests from Tour mag, Pina scored very badly on comfort. Evo will be better. Even CAAD10 better buy than a Dogma imo, it weighs the same, probably similar stiffnrss and comfort.

Last time I read lab tests from Tour mag, Pina scored very badly on comfort. Evo will be better. Even CAAD10 better buy than a Dogma imo, it weighs the same, probably similar stiffnrss and comfort.

I agree