GoPro Mounting on bars

awesme

Ye amusing, if you look at the footage of the 3 towers race, you will see big names like James Reid with GoPro's on his bars... now I want to see those Marshall's chirp him...

G

Yeah, I was moaned at by a marshall at a Nissan race in 2011. I had a chesty mount on and he said "GoPro's are against UCI rules". I told him "Good thing this isn't a UCI race", then smiled, then ignored him.

But I guess if CSA has jumped on the band wagon (wanting to be like big brother UCI), and most SA races are CSA affiliated, then I guess the rule keepers will have to play along.

But as I stated earlier... watching over XC race footage is so boring (well to me anyway), so if I ever bother with another XC race, I won't be that phased that I can't film it.

And I know, not everyone gets to go on awesome downhilling holidays to the french/swiss alps to capture some really worthwhile footage (yeah, I know... I'm bragging, but it really is that awesome biggrin.png )... but I think just about any funrides with friends are a more suitable place to whip out the camera, than races where CSA dictates the way you use your own toys.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye amusing, if you look at the footage of the 3 towers race, you will see big names like James Reid with GoPro's on his bars... now I want to see those Marshall's chirp him...

G

GoPro's injure and kill a lot more cyclists than taxi's do. Well done CSA! whistling.gif

• 4 months later...

I have tried every position on MTB to mount GoPro....the most stable is definitely closest to your body...chesty is number one followed by helmet mount on the side then helmet on the top....bars, chainstays, top tube, seatpost, all way too jerky and also extensions make it worse....you have to have no extensions otherwise the movement is accentuated. I got a RAM GoPro ball joint mount thinking it would solve the uni-directional limitations of the GoPro mounts (they can only be set in two directions at a time and then you have to use more than one GoPro extension) but although the ball-joint mounts solved the directional issues allowing you to set the camera at any angle, it bounces like a MF making footage all but un-watchable.

• 5 months later...

Resurrection.

So GoPro's was banned from being anywhere except your handlebars at yesterdays' 94.7. Why is that? What is the possible reasoning behind it? Besides it being a CSA rule ofcourse...

Resurrection.

So GoPro's was banned from being anywhere except your handlebars at yesterdays' 94.7. Why is that? What is the possible reasoning behind it? Besides it being a CSA rule ofcourse...

Yes, I'd love to know.

They may as well ban hydration packs too. Just to be consistent.