Tokai tree felling: Snake trails

(Deon)

Not in the afteroon while logging is in progress. In fact if all riders could please steer clear of the area during logging, that would be great. Safety is key while 30m 48yr old pines are falling!

Try Mamba after 5pm, I see it is still clear.

It was closed yesterday, where you riding there at all yesterday around 11am?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to ride this weekend, is it clear enough to try the snake trails?

PoS, do you have any more pic's?

Can I join you if possible, need to find my way around Tokai, the signage drives me nuts

No, was not riding at 11, could have been walking though??

It was open this eve, Cape Pine could have opened it for afternoon access.

Can I join you if possible, need to find my way around Tokai, the signage drives me nuts

Ha ha, what Signage?? I'll join too. Keen to meet the new kid in town!

I'll be up there at 2pm on Friday overseeing the trail clearing for the weekend. I see they have not started felling on Mamba yet, so this should be open daily after 5pm. Puadder's fate may be decided tomorrow.

Brace yourself, it's quite different.

Thanks! Thats quite a change but I do understand the need. Thanks for the heads up thumbup1.gif

Ha ha, what Signage?? I'll join too. Keen to meet the new kid in town!

My point exactly, lol. It was a good ride though, was slow going , as I need to get used to the trail conditions and know where I'm going. My technical riding has gone for a pile of poop. I must say we are spoilt in KZN whistling.gif

Was back in the forest today after a long break, not knowing what to expect after seeing this post....all but Boomslang was open, maybe I got there at the right time (11h00) cause there was no action anywhere....not sure it would have been all that great if logging was in full swing...just got lucky, I suppose, but PoS is right, steer clear if you see or hear chainsaws or those 3-wheeler haulers!

Was back in the forest today after a long break, not knowing what to expect after seeing this post....all but Boomslang was open, maybe I got there at the right time (11h00) cause there was no action anywhere....not sure it would have been all that great if logging was in full swing...just got lucky, I suppose, but PoS is right, steer clear if you see or hear chainsaws or those 3-wheeler haulers!

Hey you back in town!

Boomslang closed this weekend you could say it is in Ruins. Too many trees still lining the trail by 3pm, packup time at Cape Pine.

Any idea of when roughly the current logging on the trails will be complete?

I ask this I I rarely get to TK and when I do go I would like ride as much of the trails as possible.

I have not been very impressed with my Shova toward the end of the year, she was just riding like a raleigh. Ended up fiddling with the suspension set up and took my time to get it right, now the bike is flipping awesome.....so a TK ride is calling me!

And they still charge R40 to cycle half the trails.

You pay road tax to drive roads closed for repair. You pay your bond for the month you are on holiday. I don't get your point?

Any idea of when roughly the current logging on the trails will be complete?

I've been warned that it can be up to three months felling. I have started negotiating the rebuild and all looks good so far. I'll be moving around CP repairing where they are finished but just so everyone who reads this knows, we are looking at a total rebuild of the snake trails. So it could be longer than the felling time before the trail is complete. Not to say it will be unrideable, just not complete.

I've been warned that it can be up to three months felling. I have started negotiating the rebuild and all looks good so far. I'll be moving around CP repairing where they are finished but just so everyone who reads this knows, we are looking at a total rebuild of the snake trails. So it could be longer than the felling time before the trail is complete. Not to say it will be unrideable, just not complete.

In, as always...