CRITICAL MASS FOR BURRY

izzypzee

No official ride as yet, but if people want to ride let them ride.

I am sure they will also ride if and when an official ride is organised

True, lets hope there will be MASSIVE support for the official event!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

somehow (yes without full internet access at the office) none of these seem to have any 'official' status. Let us wait for the family and friends to deal with their personaly tragedy and loss and first do what must be done, and THEN we help to organise/attend a protest ride in the fullest sense of the word!

No official body will just jump in and organise a ride in memory for Burry without consulting his family (and maybe organise it for a greater cause: safety and/or songo.info, whatever THEY deem worthy and applicable), so please lay off the pressure on PPA/CSA/CGC/whoever. Allow them to get to grips with the situation first.

If anybody feels that officialdom is moving to slowly why not contact them and volunteer to assist, rather splintering and diluting what should be a massive country-wide concurrent protest & memorial.

And please do not try and politicize their/our loss!

Agreed!!

Still riding tonight, but leaving the pitch-fork at home.

Everyone who rides today will make the time to be at the official memorial ride too. There is just simply too much emotion to not get on the bike today.

Everyone who rides today will make the time to be at the official memorial ride too. There is just simply too much emotion to not get on the bike today.

So many conflicting dates/times. TH are hubbers doing their own thing this evening at the GP circle? and then another memorial ride that coordinated nationwide?

Chris Froome@chrisfroome

Please join us for a ride tonight at 6PM on the corner of Jan Smuts & Bompas #RideforBurry

Critical Mass Joburg@CriticalMassJhb

@TBMarshals will be joining tonight's #criticalmassjhb#RideForBurry, always there to make things safer #RideForSafety#cyclejozi

Please all attending tonight's #criticalmassjhb #RideForBurry try to wear white

#RideForBurry #criticalmassjhb ride tonight straight up Jan Smuts to town, where a ghost bike will be placed and a moment's silence held

Details on the @CriticalMassJhb #rideforBurry tonight. We will be riding from Dunkeld Centre up Jan Smuts to Mandela Bridge. We will stop there and have a moment of silence for Burry and all cyclists that have been killed on our roads. We will then make the return trip to Dunkeld. Everyone is to please stay as a group and ride together. We also ask that everyone wears a white top if possible to show unity in this. If you'd like, you are welcome to bring a flower and candle to leave on the bridge.

Will ride tonight and memorial with my mates, time to reflect and take in how short life really is.......

wreath and flowers memorial ride tomorrow at 06h30am from maverick cycles hillcrest, slow ride to concept cyclery waterfall( 8km) from @KZNMTB on twitter.

My bike is in for a service so I organised my brothers bike, will definitely be there tonight

see you there!

@taylorchick's tweet just now: "We would like to call to the public to only do/support rides that are endorsed by authorities or rather wait for the official rides where the official petitions will be handed over to MEC's."

Edited by Karma

see you there!

@taylorchick's tweet just now: "We would like to call to the public to only do/support rides that are endorsed by authorities or rather wait for the official rides where the official petitions will be handed over to MEC's."

It's been up on Cherises Facebook page for a while.

I believe it's in everyone's interest to respect her wishes.I for one will not be participating in some half cocked protest ride and will wait to be able to make a meaningful input

I would also rather support the more focused effort.

But i think, the efforts happening tonight and over the weekend, will help gain momentum for the bigger nationwide ride.

No one is saying choose either tonight's ride or the official ride. The majority of us will ride them all but as I've stated before do not want to sit around and wait for a ride to get organised whilst we sit around feeling the way we do right now. I suspect the largest portion of fellow cyclists turning out tonight want to do something for Burry in a way we know best and that is to collectively ride our bikes.

I respect those who would prefer to ride only once for Burry. Can you respect I and others like me need to get out there now and when that ride happens.