Do you have a 1.5m sticker on your car?

davem

On Saturday having a look at the cars parked at Something Country in the Cradle, less than 5% of cars had the stickers.

With probably 50 000 of the stickers distributed in Gauteng over the past few months, I would have expected to see more.

Will cyclists be defined as quick to complain and blame but not so quick to take even the smallest positive step?

Behaviour of motorists will be changed by education and repeated awareness. The stickers contribute to that. If a motorist passes one sticker in his commute, it will make no impact. If he sees 50 every day, maybe it will get through to him. And that includes taxis!

If you think that bright yellow sticker will ruin the aesthetic of your nice fancy car, get over it. Your life is more important.

So today, take five minutes of your time, find the sticker you were given at 94.7 and go stick it on your car.

Post below when you have done it.

Edited by davem

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So today, take five minutes of your time, find the sticker you were given at 94.7 and go stick it on your car.

I didn't do 94.7...

Is there anywhere else you can get the stickers? Would happily hand them out to customers in the bike shop I help out at on weekends.

Is there anywhere else you can get the stickers? Would happily hand them out to customers in the bike shop I help out at on weekends.

Where can I get hold of stickers for all the cars in the family?

+1

If you have a bike shop with these stickers on the counter then post here, you can get some traffic in your shop.

Is there anywhere else you can get the stickers?

Where can I get hold of stickers for all the cars in the family?

It's a secret apparently...

Just phoned Cyclelab Fourways, they did have but all gone given the heightened awareness. New stock expected soon. Please phone your LBS.

Please phone your LBS.

Wont help...

I got one on my car and my Thule - you can get one in the ride or bicycling magazine - cant remember which, I bought both yesterday..