Garmin Edge 510 + 810

jannosmit

anyone got any opinions or comparisons on Garmin Edge vs the equivalent Bryton ..?

Equivalent? No

The only Bryton unit to compare with would be the 50 and that you would have to compare to the Garmin Edge 705 (which is now 3 generations back!)

I love my E500, and well it gives me all the info I want, post ride to upload,

got to honestly say, I maybe look down at the computer once/twice during the ride to see how long I've ridden and how far,

Just bought the wife a E500 also, for xMas.

Not sure I would have even taken a E510 if I knew it was imminent of being launched.

Hope they leave the E500 in their product line, little bit cheaper than the 510.

Would not have minded if they just made the E500 available in a colour screen, as say a gen 2 version.

G

I love my E500, and well it gives me all the info I want, post ride to upload,

got to honestly say, I maybe look down at the computer once/twice during the ride to see how long I've ridden and how far,

Just bought the wife a E500 also, for xMas.

Not sure I would have even taken a E510 if I knew it was imminent of being launched.

Hope they leave the E500 in their product line, little bit cheaper than the 510.

Would not have minded if they just made the E500 available in a colour screen, as say a gen 2 version.

G

My 500 got stolen last weekend, and this week I started looking around for a new unit. I really wanted the 800 to be worth it, but to be honest, for my applications it just aint. Also looked at the 510 and 810 and if it will be worth the wait, short answer, NO. I feel garmin dropped the ball a bit on this one to be honest, and once again I really wanted the 510 or 810 to be worth it, but they aint. Then looked at bryton's, polar's and suunto's offerings...thanks but no thanks.

Yip you guessed it, Edge 500 will be delivered in T minus 3 hours from easybike. It is just the bench imo to which all units are measured.

My 500 got stolen last weekend, and this week I started looking around for a new unit. I really wanted the 800 to be worth it, but to be honest, for my applications it just aint. Also looked at the 510 and 810 and if it will be worth the wait, short answer, NO. I feel garmin dropped the ball a bit on this one to be honest, and once again I really wanted the 510 or 810 to be worth it, but they aint. Then looked at bryton's, polar's and suunto's offerings...thanks but no thanks.

Yip you guessed it, Edge 500 will be delivered in T minus 3 hours from easybike. It is just the bench imo to which all units are measured.

From Bikeradar.com:

'The new Garmin Edge 510 isn't so much a step up from the likeable Edge 500 as it is a 'lite' version of the Edge 800 and new Edge 810.'

and

'The new Garmin Edge 510 isn't exactly the comprehensive overhaul some people were expecting, and aside from the connectivity aspects we don't see much reason for current Edge 500 owners to switch unless they're regularly moving the unit between multiple bikes and really want different screens for each.'

Phew!

That makes me feel better about just receiving my 500 before Xmas.