Mugged on table mountain and robbed of mountain bike

Grumps

FOR ***** SAKES!!!!! Just when i thought these ***** have stopped their mugging antics on table mountain, another one!!!

Been riding there for a year again now with no reports.

We need to take our trails and landmarks back - any innovative ideas??

Edited by Admin
Language

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a msg about the OP, he's buddy is/was a team member.

I've ridden with him too...... the question remains where are these stolen bikes going! angry.png

Pls give exact area of mugging - google earth etc. I think it a good idea to build a database of where these moegoes hide and attack their victims..

FOR ***** SAKES!!!!! Just when i thought these ***** have stopped their mugging antics on table mountain, another one!!!

We need to call take our trails and landmarks back - any innovative ideas??

Like i said, it was round about this time last yea, the "argurst preping" days that these ***** know us cyclists are training for the Funride World Champs. Sanparks need to be alerted and the need to send the horse patrols back

EDIT: SPELLING exusie mwaaaa my blood boiling

Edited by Admin
Language

Like i said, it was round about this time last yea, the "argurst preping" days that these ***** know us cyclist are trainging for the Funride World Champs. Sanparks need to be alerted and the need to send the horse patrols back

Theres been a massive increase in car break ins on mountain this season. There's a bunch of guys even operating from a car and they hit several cars all at once.

please inform officials.

I regularly daily commute these mountains 75% alone.

I havent seen a ranger on the mountain since a month after they started patrolling...

Also it was last year round about this time muggins started picking up!

i have also been up there a lot lately and have yet to see a ranger patrolling

i have also been up there a lot lately and have yet to see a ranger patrolling

They stopped since winter last year...... Magicshine mornings...!

OK one place to stop cycling, between the road and being knocked off and the mountain and muggings. I think the Silvermine / Tokai side seem to be the safest bet for bikers - and there seems to be much more safety awareness and rangers.

There was a group of people making progress on the Table Mountain side (hikers I think), it is such a shame that the "Natural Wonder" can not be enjoyed because of criminal elements but such as life. To be honest unruly dog owners have been a big deterrent to cycling that way anyway - much prefer the friendly baboons.

I was discussing this very topic today with my wife when we were sitting on top Lions Head(my first time), hectic, sorry to hear about this. Will definitely need a guide/ buddy when I go.

@Meezo, you seem to be the man in the know, fancy taking a CT newbie for a ride around the mountain sometime?

We need to take our trails and landmarks back - any innovative ideas??

Ride with a 9mm

I was discussing this very topic today with my wife when we were sitting on top Lions Head(my first time), hectic, sorry to hear about this. Will definitely need a guide/ buddy when I go.

@Meezo, you seem to be the man in the know, fancy taking a CT newbie for a ride around the mountain sometime?

Anytime, I'm on table mountain almost everyday of week except Friday. Give me a shout.

With regards where is safe to cycle.... that's hogwash, we take back the mountain because it belongs to us, being the rightful users of it. Not to mug/rape/steal/kill.

These okes must just as try my morning commutes i often ride off chasing shadows, to find my bro and 2 sometimes 3 colleagues trailing will be very interesting to see what happens when these okes are outnumbered out muscled.