2013 CSA License - Rave

Grondpad

I have to compliment CSA on the process of getting a “Membership” license

I went onto the site, logged in with my credentials from last year, updated my profile, continued to check out, paid with the CC and 10 seconds later my license was emailed to me. BANG! No issues.

That is how it should be done!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say the same for Sandton Licensing Dept. today

Arrive 06h30 to renew drivers license

07h30, opening time, staff member comes out "we are still off line" and refuses to part with any more info

08h30 queue is across the parking long, people getting restless, staff can not provide any more info, we are told we can either wait, or go.

09h00 I give up

I have renewed my PPA membership this morning. Where do i stand now if i want to do a few of the MTN mtb races? Sorry, been out of the racing scene a bit?

I have renewed my PPA membership this morning. Where do i stand now if i want to do a few of the MTN mtb races? Sorry, been out of the racing scene a bit?

PPA membership does not included a CSA membership anymore, so if that is needed for the MTN races you need to still get CSA membership or buy a day license

PPA membership does not include csa license any more.You will have to join CSA (R75 a year) or pay R35 day license per MTN event.It depends on what events you do.For many joining PPA is now a waste of money.If you only do ppa events then it's worth it.If you do national events you have to get a full racing licence but have to belong to a club to get one of those so club fees must be added as well.

Can't say the same for Sandton Licensing Dept. today

Arrive 06h30 to renew drivers license

07h30, opening time, staff member comes out "we are still off line" and refuses to part with any more info

08h30 queue is across the parking long, people getting restless, staff can not provide any more info, we are told we can either wait, or go.

09h00 I give up

Go to Rayton - easy as pie!!

Also had the same experience. As soon as my club membership was acknowledged, my CSA license came through. One less hassle!

PPA membership does not include csa license any more.You will have to join CSA (R75 a year) or pay R35 day license per MTN event.It depends on what events you do.For many joining PPA is now a waste of money.If you only do ppa events then it's worth it.If you do national events you have to get a full racing licence but have to belong to a club to get one of those so club fees must be added as well.

only need full racing license if you plan to podium AND you do not need to be part of a club anymore

PPA membership does not included a CSA membership anymore, so if that is needed for the MTN races you need to still get CSA membership or buy a day license

Thanks guys! I am only planning on doing the Tulbagh marathon and Gravel Travel that is MTN races so i geuss i might as well just get the day licenses

It seems Athletics South Africa have eventually caught on too. The old format of completing paperwork and waiting forever for acknowledgement is sooooooo yesterday!

only need full racing license if you plan to podium AND you do not need to be part of a club anymore

Sorry stretch,dont know where you get your info from but it's wrong.Maybe i should rephrase , if you want to do nationals(road or mtb) you definately need a full racing license.CSA will only aprove this once your club has aproved it first.

Edited by stringbean

So what is the benefit of having this so called "license"?

The benefit of the lisence is you don't have to pay the R35 day lisence for every event you do.