2013 CSA License - Rave

Grondpad

Sorry stretch,dont know where you get your info from but it's wrong.Maybe i should rephrase , if you want to do nationals(road or mtb) you definately need a full racing license.CSA will only aprove this once your club has aproved it first.

First off The racing license is only if you want to compete for national or provincial colours. If you simply want to partake in a CSA sanctioned event then you only need a R75 membership. Also - New legislation this year means that you do not need to part of a club to have a CSA membership but you do need to be part of a club to get a racing license. Trust me on this

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off The racing license is only if you want to compete for national or provincial colours. If you simply want to partake in a CSA sanctioned event then you only need a R75 membership. Also - New legislation this year means that you do not need to part of a club to have a CSA membership but you do need to be part of a club to get a racing license. Trust me on this

I thought CSA membership gives you a racing license?

Sorry,I thought that was what I had just said.

The benefit of the lisence is you don't have to pay the R35 day lisence for every event you do.

So which races are done by PPA and which CSA? Or do you need a csa license for ALL races?

I specifically have Western Cape races in mind.

So which races are done by PPA and which CSA? Or do you need a csa license for ALL races?

I specifically have Western Cape races in mind.

You need a CSA license for all CSI-sanctioned races, OR you can pay a CSA day-license fee of R35 per race

You need a CSA license for all CSI-sanctioned races, OR you can pay a CSA day-license fee of R35 per race

Thanks, is there maybe a website one can check which races falls under which bodies?

I see you need not belong to a club, Gauteng all you pay is R75 Prov and R75 CSA, , total R150.

Sorry,I thought that was what I had just said.

So we on the same page then....sorry I misunderstood you

What does the provincial affiliation fee actually get me? Paying an additional R75 for..... ? Is this what we gautengers have to pay instead of mountain tax?

decided to let it go this year. Paid for the whole license membership thing last year, ended up doing three races and for the rest just rode for the hell of it and for fun. Not worth it if you ride for the experience of riding. for serious racers its a different story

This is what I see on the site:

Membership: All riders taking part in CSA sanctioned events are required to be a Member of CSA for the year in which the race takes place, or to have a valid day license for every day of participation. Membership or a day license is a race entry requirement and is thus a prerequisite to enter a race.

Racing license: A racing license allows a rider to represent South Africa and participate in UCI sanctioned events. SA Championship events and SA Colors require a racing license. CSA points will only be given to riders a with full racing license. Racing Licenses are for all riders between 16 years and older. Youth Riders can race and get all the racing license benefits as a CSA Member.

So, I assume, if I'm just doing the Nissan National MTB and Trailseeker series for fun, I don't need the Racing Licence.

Correct?

This is what I see on the site:

Membership: All riders taking part in CSA sanctioned events are required to be a Member of CSA for the year in which the race takes place, or to have a valid day license for every day of participation. Membership or a day license is a race entry requirement and is thus a prerequisite to enter a race.

Racing license: A racing license allows a rider to represent South Africa and participate in UCI sanctioned events. SA Championship events and SA Colors require a racing license. CSA points will only be given to riders a with full racing license. Racing Licenses are for all riders between 16 years and older. Youth Riders can race and get all the racing license benefits as a CSA Member.

So, I assume, if I'm just doing the Nissan National MTB and Trailseeker series for fun, I don't need the Racing Licence.

Correct?

Correct, if you're only doing it for fun, just a CSA licence or a day licence will be enough. If you do two races a year, the day licences will work out cheaper, any more than that a normal CSA licence will suffice. (Even though if you live in Gauteng they hit you with another R75 for "provincial affiliation" which i have no clue what that means.)

There are many mtb events in the Western Cape that require a CSA licence. ArgusMTB, Die Burger, and almost all Amarider events. So the R75 annual licence is the better option for me, I will definitely do more than 3 CSA required events. .