Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

that black drone. been wanting one since i saw Brendog wearing the proto at sea otter or crankworx, can't remember which. Very tasty. but like Oh mega man noted: probably moer expensive..

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason recons best guess based on 2-3 months ago was at least R1,300 so will need to work UP from that price-point for sure with ROE.

have you tried one yet Sliick?

I have tried on Jasons... before he rode with it. But have not ridden with one yet.

Yeah, looking a couple of hundred more than that...

that black drone. been wanting one since i saw Brendog wearing the proto at sea otter or crankworx, can't remember which. Very tasty. but like Oh mega man noted: probably moer expensive..

my favourite French online shop has the grey drone for EUR155. Not too bad. If one manages to avoid duties (like I did when I brought in my TLD D3, MET Terra, and Evoc Enduro Team... then it puts it in the same price bracket as the Bell Super (according to some local store pricing I've seen).

my favourite French online shop has the grey drone for EUR155. Not too bad. If one manages to avoid duties (like I did when I brought in my TLD D3, MET Terra, and Evoc Enduro Team... then it puts it in the same price bracket as the Bell Super (according to some local store pricing I've seen).

fingers crossed then.. ;) but now that i look for, i can't find the black drone anywhere, even on TLD's website.. :thumbdown:

and frankly, it's damn fine copy of the original Fox flux lid. but i do love it in its black robes..

Edited by Capricorn

Guest Omega Man

fingers crossed then.. ;) but now that i look for, i can't find the black drone anywhere, even on TLD's website.. :thumbdown:

and frankly, it's damn fine copy of the original Fox flux lid. but i do love it in its black robes..

It looks like the adjustment wheel goodie is too low. hopefully that's adjustable cos on my Bell Super it was in the lowest position before i knew it was adjustable and it was squeezing my head where my upgrade chips are.

Guest Omega Man

I still think there's a large lucrative market for a well designed lightweight fullface trail helmet that doesn't look like a rectum. That Giro thing was a fail and the Urge is ugly as all hell. I'll bet that by the end of 2014 we'll see some decent looking fullface trail lids. The market is too big to ignore.

Look what I found. It's not pretty but it's kind of where they need to be heading.

post-18968-0-68133400-1388410281_thumb.jpg

Look what I found. It's not pretty but it's kind of where they need to be heading.

Wow, that is a MASSIVE improvement on the MET Parachute

Guest Omega Man

Wow, that is a MASSIVE improvement on the MET Parachute

No way in hell I'd hand over money for that thing but it's heading in the right direction. Imagine a D3 with more vents. Same lines. Just more venting. Get the weight down to 600 grams. Lose the D rings.

Just a heads up. Pardon the pun. I'm not the kind of guy who raves about something just cos it's new so if you want an honest review for something I've actually used I'm your guy.

It's not all champagne and roses with the Bell Super. This helmet is definitely not for everybody. It's pretty heavy for a trail lid and if you aren't moving it gets pretty hot pretty quickly. It's significantly heavier and hotter than the prevoius Bell Trail lid that i have. If you do 50km on jeeptrack this is definitely not the helmet for you. Plus the price is somewhat ridiculous. You can buy a Fox V1 Motocross helmet for the same price.

Having said that it's really a pretty helmet. In my opinion it's by far the best looking trail lid out there. The weight can also be explained away because of the extra coverage the helmet has. The venting in the helmet is very reminiscent of the venting on my DH lids but you do need to be moving to get the most out of that. I really like the built in gopro mount. It's held in place with velcro so it's easily removable. A quick test of it yesterday at Tokai proved pretty successful although I'm not a fan of having a camera right on the top of the top of your head. The little wheel sizing goodie at the back of the lid is a great feature. The fact that you can wear goggles with it without crushing your nose is a huge plus.

I'd say it's a downhillers trail lid. Guys that are used to wearing full faces won't be too bothered by the weight and the heat but will enjoy the extra coverage and the fact that it actually works with goggles.

It was a toss up between the Bell and the 661 Recon for me. The 661 is cheaper and lighter but is less feature rich. The salesman had me when he said the Bell made me look younger.

Things I don't like.

It's heavy

It's hot

The price

Things I like

Works well with goggles

Integrated gopro mount

strapping system

build quality

fit

I still think there's a large lucrative market for a well designed lightweight fullface trail helmet that doesn't look like a rectum. That Giro thing was a fail and the Urge is ugly as all hell. I'll bet that by the end of 2014 we'll see some decent looking fullface trail lids. The market is too big to ignore.

I'm now in two minds about what to do. I have a Bell Sequence with a crack which I was going warranty against a Super but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't warranty it for another sequence and buy a Fox flux with the change as that will cost about the same as the pay in on the super.

Guest Omega Man

I'm now in two minds about what to do. I have a Bell Sequence with a crack which I was going warranty against a Super but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't warranty it for another sequence and buy a Fox flux with the change as that will cost about the same as the pay in on the super.

Sorry bru.

But I'm not gonna sing somethings praises just cos it's new. It's a nice lid. Of that there is no doubt. It looks awesome. The fit is amazing because of the adjust-ability. That little wheel goodie is genius. But is it a nice lid for South Africa where we regularly ride in 30+ degrees, Have to gain our own altitude and don't have the most tech terrain in the world?

I'm not so sure.

Came here to post a pic of that lid! Looks like it could be an option

one thing seriously bugs me about that Met: no mention of crash testing certification. Sorry, but I'll pass: i dont care how ventilated it is: i'd rather carry another XC'ish lid with me that put all my noggin's value into one 'fullface' without serious crash worthiness

unless of course i missed the certification.anyone?

one thing seriously bugs me about that Met: no mention of crash testing certification. Sorry, but I'll pass: i dont care how ventilated it is: i'd rather carry another XC'ish lid with me that put all my noggin's value into one 'fullface' without serious crash worthiness

unless of course i missed the certification.anyone?

Euro EN 1078 and Aus AS/NZS2063. Same as Parabellem and the likes

http://asp-it.secure-zone.net/v2/index.jsp?id=168%2F236%2F1610&startPage=28

Edited by The Crow

http://fthumb1.mtb-news.de/cache/670/auto/1/1/fstatic3.mtb-news.de/f/k4/mf/k4mf07mrr2gy/large_Eurobike_Bluegrass-11.jpg

http://fthumb1.mtb-news.de/cache/670/auto/1/1/fstatic1.mtb-news.de/f/w6/nz/w6nzweinpr78/large_Eurobike_Bluegrass-13.jpg