The definitive Sani2C 2013 thread

Stretch

thanx to the other "easy gopro editing" (or some such) thread, i just managed to load the footage onto moviemaker. can now start editing 3 day worth of footage my riding partner took.

should do wonders for my PSD

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx to the other "easy gopro editing" (or some such) thread, i just managed to load the footage onto moviemaker. can now start editing 3 day worth of footage my riding partner took.

should do wonders for my PSD

if it 45 min of looking at ur ass, dont know if u should share that link RocknRolla.

I've got Berg and Bush to look forward to, can't wait to go play next weekend and start the training.

I've got Berg and Bush to look forward to, can't wait to go play next weekend and start the training.

That should be a blast!

This week coming I've got the ASG Night race and then Saturday I'll do the BRYTON ELEPHANT MTB CHALLENGE (just to see what it is like) and then the weekend thereafter I'll be doing MTN Rooiberg. Putting me at 4 races -including Nissan Curro- in the month following Sani. No time to relax. :lol:

That should be a blast!

This week coming I've got the ASG Night race and then Saturday I'll do the BRYTON ELEPHANT MTB CHALLENGE (just to see what it is like) and then the weekend thereafter I'll be doing MTN Rooiberg. Putting me at 4 races -including Nissan Curro- in the month following Sani. No time to relax. :lol:

No PSD for u! must be the 193 podiums..

Edited by VicanZA

Firstly, big up to the organisers!

This was my first - got a late entry into the Race. Was also my 1st proper stage race, the most I did before was SabieX (Lite)...

Was on a 26er hardtail with buckled wheels, so I ended halfway through day 2 with SIX open sores on my ass. That meant a LOT of standing for the 2nd 1.5 days...

One nice UHSD in Vernon Crookes at around 50km/h, broke my helmet on that descent shortly before the steep climb - where we then opened the Zamalek I had carried with. We carried beers each day and opened them at the top of each of the biggest climbs - some VERY jealous people around us!

What an event the whole thing was!

Was surprised at the apparent lack of MTB skills in the Race - excessive caution guys in I-L exercised on the muddy & dh sections - even on day 3, after not being able to keep up on the flats, despite drafting (in G-I groups), we almost crashed into the back of some of the guys at the smallest of stream crossings...

Seems the 3 training rides at Breedts helped (see photo for top speed down the back ;-) )

Haven't ridden since - had chucked my shoes and helmet - but DID go straight to Moz afterwards, for a few days of R&R... ;-)

...and now I can probably justify getting a new DS 9er...

Only drawback is that the spectacular scenery has spoiled GP for me for a while...

post-18357-0-00058700-1370201872_thumb.jpg

Edited by westcoaster

No PSD for u! must be the 193 podiums..

Hehe, I'm forever riding my bike for the love of it. :wub: If I do well, that's just a bonus.

I do have rides dedicated to fun though, this afternoon was 30min of wheelie-ing. :D

Hehe, I'm forever riding my bike for the love of it. :wub: If I do well, that's just a bonus.

I do have rides dedicated to fun though, this afternoon was 30min of wheelie-ing. :D

u that guy that wheelies the BG bison bridge while the rest of us just try hang on..

u that guy that wheelies the BG bison bridge while the rest of us just try hang on..

I wish, that is a skilled "trail" rider.

I'm still practising, I can go for about 50m on an incline but as soon as it is downhill I tend to lose my balance a bit. I'm still trying to hone this skill. :blush:

I wish, that is a skilled "trail" rider.

I'm still practising, I can go for about 50m on an incline but as soon as it is downhill I tend to lose my balance a bit. I'm still trying to hone this skill. :blush:

hahaha...the only riding I did yesterday was up and down my drive way (about 40m) trying to bunny hop with flats and then just trying to lift the back wheel........I think 15min left me more exhausted than the 43km Nissan. :wacko:

hahaha...the only riding I did yesterday was up and down my drive way (about 40m) trying to bunny hop with flats and then just trying to lift the back wheel........I think 15min left me more exhausted than the 43km Nissan. :wacko:

You got got long driveways up there:-)

I got up just before 5 to make a 5h30 spin class.... But wait before u all go whateva please note: a. It is practically snowing in CT at the moment and I got woken up by the biggest thunderstorm I have ever experienced in CT in the middle of the night ( i dont do thunderstorms - some traumatic experience as a laaitjie) And b. I actually have a day off today - so I could've slept in with my warm kitty cat, but no, I forced myself out from under the warm duvet for an hours sufferfest. So I am justifiably proud of myself :)

do any of u guys have pics of day 2? as per above.....was playing race snake that day(or trying).

post-40529-0-37417900-1370246158_thumb.jpg

I got up just before 5 to make a 5h30 spin class.... But wait before u all go whateva please note: a. It is practically snowing in CT at the moment and I got woken up by the biggest thunderstorm I have ever experienced in CT in the middle of the night ( i dont do thunderstorms - some traumatic experience as a laaitjie) And b. I actually have a day off today - so I could've slept in with my warm kitty cat, but no, I forced myself out from under the warm duvet for an hours sufferfest. So I am justifiably proud of myself :)

Why may I ask did you go to a 5:30 spinning class on your day off. You could have joined all the stay at home mums etc at a class around 10am.

My problem is that I love this cold and have way too much energy. Need to ride or do something (other than spring cleaning the house).

Have to admit that I have not done any real long distance riding since sani, promised my wife that I would cycle more with her after Sani, also in the process of building her a new bike