Easton wheels

JCA12

Hi Hubbers

I've been looking at the Wheel specials CWC is putting up and I am tempted.

I've still got a 26er hardtail, so looking at the EA70 xc vs EA 90 xc.

I'm concerned that, with 24 spokes, these wheels won't be strong enough for me (roughly 95 kg)?

Any advice?

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for the EA70's. Those are strong wheels and they are not that much heavier than the ea90's. Don't think the EA90's are worth twice as much.

With the special, the EA90 is cheaper than the EA70XCT. I've got the 29" version, and they are awesome!

Before you buy an Easton wheelset ask them how much they charge to replace a spoke.......They charged me more than R1000.00 since they HAVE to replace all spokes, otherwise they don'y guarantee their work.

If you have the money rather get the 90's

They are around 140 gms lighter for the set and they are ust ready which is a bonus if you running tubeless.

Just chuck on the tyre with some stans and away you go.

Like wheelerdealer said dont think u need to worry about the strength of these wheels

Ek het n paar fietswinkels gebel en raad gevra oor die Easton EA 90 xc.Volgens hulle het Easton nou n special op hulle wiele.Die enigste probleem met die wiele is blykbaar die speke,wat probleme gee.

Ek het n paar fietswinkels gebel en raad gevra oor die Easton EA 90 xc.Volgens hulle het Easton nou n special op hulle wiele.Die enigste probleem met die wiele is blykbaar die speke,wat probleme gee.

Baie Dankie

I have the Easton Havens, seem fine so far.

Just remember the vat and duties when you bring them in, dont get suprised like I did. Perhaps I should have just gone local.