Ekurhuleni 5150 African Championship

krl747

Yeah let us know the result, was a great facility and hope it still is

The pool is fantastic. Clean and warm....sometimes a bit too warm, maybe not the best for OWS training. My son swims galas there all the time. 

Get there when there are no lane ropes up and you can swim around the pool, its called Pool open water swimming.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pool is fantastic. Clean and warm....sometimes a bit too warm, maybe not the best for OWS training. My son swims galas there all the time. 

Get there when there are no lane ropes up and you can swim around the pool, its called Pool open water swimming.

Thanks Orbs

Think I remember some tjop :whistling: doing that pool open water swim training thing long ago

You still swimming?

When it comes to goggles, what are the things a novice must look for in a pair?

Can one buy a decent pair at a supermarket store such as Game, Makro, or even Sportmans Warehouse, or Mr Price Sport?

Where would be the best place to look online?

Can one buy a decent pair at a supermarket store such as Game, Makro, or even Sportmans Warehouse, or Mr Price Sport?

Yip you can get a decent pair at any of those stores but avoid the cheapies ...they will break at some point...get high end speedo's or any triathlon shop should stock.

online not sure though, sportsmans warehouse have an online section.

Its important that they fit you well (around your eye socket and nose) udder wise you going to be struggling with water leaks. Its difficult to test this until you actually try them out. TRy it on in the shop (before u buy online) and try "sense" if there is a slight leak.... or maybe ask if they have some test goggles you can go and try out.

I like to use lightly tinted lenses instead of clear ones because sometimes the glare from the sun can be awkward, remember a lot of tri's start earlier while the sun is still low = straight into your eyes.

My favorite are aqua sphere, they seem to fit my face better than speedo's.

Edited by SwissVan

Its important that they fit you well (around your eye socket and nose) udder wise you going to be struggling with water leaks. Its difficult to test this until you actually try them out. TRy it on in the shop (before u buy online) and try "sense" if there is a slight leak.... or maybe ask if they have some test goggles you can go and try out.

I like to use lightly tinted lenses instead of clear ones because sometimes the glare from the sun can be awkward, remember a lot of tri's start earlier while the sun is still low = straight into your eyes.

My favorite are aqua sphere, they seem to fit my face better than speedo's.

I've struggled for about two years trying to find goggles that don't leak.  I've tried about 6 different pairs, from the smaller racing type to the bigger Speedo pro swimming types and they all seems to leak.  I realise that my... erm... bone structure could be to fault.  Do you have any suggestions as i'm fresh out of ideas  :wacko:

I've struggled for about two years trying to find goggles that don't leak.  I've tried about 6 different pairs, from the smaller racing type to the bigger Speedo pro swimming types and they all seems to leak.  I realise that my... erm... bone structure could be to fault.  Do you have any suggestions as i'm fresh out of ideas  :wacko:

I seem to have the same problem, the only speedo ones that sealed on my face were the ones which had a black rubber sealing surface and a solid rigid nose piece that connected the 2 eye pieces, but i have not been able to find these for a years now.

Somehow i think the rigid solid nose piece and rubber made a difference.

The aqua sphere's (not sure which type as they only have aqua sphere on them) i use now are almost perfect. They don't have a rigid solid nose piece but it is quite solid.

Previously i used to solve the leak issue by having the straps so tight that it left big rings around my eyes for awhile after taking them off.

Now with the ones i have now i have been able to loosen them off slightly.

Good luck

Anyone every heard of or tested Swimfit goggles?

post-46817-0-14784900-1423831071_thumb.jpg

Apparently it has UV protection and anti fog.

I came across these in PnP hyper for R110 but i know absolutely nothing about goggles.

They come in this Brown and in blue too but i think the blue wont be as good for the sun as these.

Any opinions?

Anyone every heard of or tested Swimfit goggles?

attachicon.gifGoggles.jpg

Apparently it has UV protection and anti fog.

I came across these in PnP hyper for R110 but i know absolutely nothing about goggles.

They come in this Brown and in blue too but i think the blue wont be as good for the sun as these.

Any opinions?

Never used them as I prefer Arena, but a quick google http://www.swimfit.com.my/cms/main.php?m=Content&op=page&id=302

http://www.eaglesports.com.au/BrandSwimfit.php

I went past Sportsmans Warehouse and spent quite a bit of time trying on different types and brands of goggles.

It seems that the ones that fitted the best, without a doubt, and seemed the most comfy happened to be the Speedo Fastskin3 Elite which also happens to be the most expensive that they had  :eek: .  But I do recommend you try them as I was super impressed with how they fitted.  

Sadly, triathlon is no cheap sport as I've come to learn. :thumbdown:

post-2881-0-47626600-1423895053_thumb.png

Im pretty sure Im part caveman with my prehensile eyebrow bones!

Very few goggles fit me properly but I have a high end set of speedos that are working now. 

Unfortunately I have to do the same thing mr Van did and keep them quite tight but they arent too uncomfortable.