Cervelo best bikes; best bike company….if only you could say that for local support

Quintris

I've decided to take my S2 for a service on the 30th of May at a reputable bike shop as it was last service just before the 94.7. The bike shop owner advised that there is something wrong as they cannot get the gears set perfectly for the two highest gears on the Dura-ace 9700, there was a delay in the shift. They’ve tried everything, new cables, new derailleur, cluster etc. and eventually decided to call on help from the Shimano distributor as they suspected it to be a geometric issue, but wanted a second opinion. To make the story shorter…Shimano confirmed there was nothing wrong with the groupset and the bike was then send to the Cervelo distributor, Emotion Cycling , for review.

Emotion cycles advised that they fixed the problem by replacing the cluster and chain with Sram, maybe because it’s more forgiving.

Do you think it is fair to accept a bastardised groupset to compensate for a geometric issue, I do not?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge Cervelo fan….can’t say the same for our local support.

Edited by Quintris

This has nothing to do with the frame....

Most probably the rear derailler hanger is bent... easily fixed with a hanger straightner tool.

Or the crank has been incorrectly fitted and the chainline is way out?

I suspect that they've replaced the hanger, but they could not get it right with the complete dura-ace groupset.

Just looking at a Cervelo S2 and I can tell you that you're going to have shifting problems. I thought those guys were engineers, but who in their right mind routes cables into a frame at a 90 degree angle to the tube. Just search for Cervelo S2 shifting problems on Google and you'll see that you're not alone.

Just looking at a Cervelo S2 and I can tell you that you're going to have shifting problems. I thought those guys were engineers, but who in their right mind routes cables into a frame at a 90 degree angle to the tube. Just search for Cervelo S2 shifting problems on Google and you'll see that you're not alone.

Look like DI2 is the way forward ;)