Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

I fitted the rt3 before then at shawswood. Unless you're confusing me with Goose11111111 and his black beauty :whistling:

But Goose has a white Hadeda???

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Monarch RT3 High Volume 200mm x 57mm shock on my shova. I used to bottom out quite a bit, and by bottom out I mean the rear tyre hit the FD cable guide. This happened on certain gap jumps, drops, and also on this one berm that I like to ride hard.

Last year I got myself an Intense 24" Cruiser BMX. I use it for pump track riding and skills training. Since then I have not bottomed out my Shova yet (my bike handling is infinitely smoother), I am actually thinking of reducing the pressure in the Monarch.

I have a Monarch RT3 High Volume 200mm x 57mm shock on my shova. I used to bottom out quite a bit, and by bottom out I mean the rear tyre hit the FD cable guide. This happened on certain gap jumps, drops, and also on this one berm that I like to ride hard.

Last year I got myself an Intense 24" Cruiser BMX. I use it for pump track riding and skills training. Since then I have not bottomed out my Shova yet (my bike handling is infinitely smoother), I am actually thinking of reducing the pressure in the Monarch.

Should the Shova not have a 50mm stroke shock (still 200mm eye to eye). That could be why the rear wheel bottoms out agaisnt the frame (which is major design flaw if correct shock is fitted). With the shorter stroke the rear wheel should clear the frame

Should the Shova not have a 50mm stroke shock (still 200mm eye to eye). That could be why the rear wheel bottoms out agaisnt the frame (which is major design flaw if correct shock is fitted). With the shorter stroke the rear wheel should clear the frame

Yes, I am 100% aware of that, but what I am saying is that I bottom out very seldom since I have started focussing on becoming a smoother rider.

My bike was supplied with a 200 x 57mm shock.

Yes, I am 100% aware of that, but what I am saying is that I bottom out very seldom since I have started focussing on becoming a smoother rider.

Yeah, I think a number of them were. I know Conna was having trouble with his due to this incorrectly specced shock.

So what you are saying is Sidewinder should have just learnt how to ride? :whistling:

Doesn't quite help the masses that aren't as skilled as you.

So what you are saying is Sidewinder should have just learnt how to ride? :whistling:

Maybe you can give me lessons on getting airborne WITHOUT THE BIKE :stupid:

I'm not the smoothest rider, I am aware of that BUT the wrong stroke length effectively means that the suspension doesn't work. And that doesn't inspire confidence when you are a noob trying to become smoother.

First lesson: you dont get airborne without the bike. You always start on the bike, get airborne and then you and the bike go your own ways :thumbup:

First lesson: you dont get airborne without the bike. You always start on the bike, get airborne and then you and the bike go your own ways :thumbup:

Master NFNF, is this ok?

1377058_10151669202470658_580812639_n.jpg

Master NFNF, is this ok?

NO, you're doing it wrong! Sensei NFNF teaches you to land on your head, dont attempt to land on your feet grasshopper!

Master NFNF, is this ok?

A little bit to controlled :whistling:

Your body needs to be horizontal to enable you to twist in the air to fit between trees you wouldn't normally by able to walk between.

Master NFNF, is this ok?

Someone please trim that rear brake hose!

Awesome action pic by the way.

Archived