Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

Gen, if hubby is DIY capable, go look here I have also seen another ghetto conversion that used a gas strut inside the seat tube here

There are alternatives... :ph34r:

That first link is actually a clever idea.. cause having to manually drop your post then involves making sure you get the high etc right..which can be a real pain.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If any one is looking for parts for a build/upgrade this guy is selling 2013 Saint Crank(assuming bb as well), Clutch RD and shifter for R3k, also has some code brakes for R2k neg:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/109303-cannondale-downhill-bike-gear/

I bought some other stuff from the same bloke a week or 2 ago and took a quick look at the other bits, looked to me like barely used/mint, don't think the crank even had any noticeable scratches on it. Very good price for the Saint stuff :

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/s?q=saint

So I picked up my Toy this weekend. Hell what a nice bike. Just a few Suspension stings and we A for away.

post-7662-0-03736600-1414996818_thumb.jpg

post-7662-0-67676500-1414996826_thumb.jpg

post-7662-0-63633100-1414996835_thumb.jpg

post-7662-0-38601500-1414996845_thumb.jpg

post-7662-0-00579200-1414996854_thumb.jpg

post-7662-0-73593300-1414996861_thumb.jpg

You bastard! That bike is amazing :)

I have the 2010 Comp and love it...even more so now that I went and did 1x10 conversion ... and Rweverb arrives today! :D

nice sean! ... Looks awesome

What guide are you running up front? Is it one of those generic BB-mount guides? Or a proper ISCG-05 mount?

Looking for my first enduro bike, Is this a good buy?

Commencal Super 4 Pro 2011

Ya not bad - what size would you need?

Are you going to keep your hardtail for XC riding? or swop out for one full sus to do everything?

If you are going to keep your hardtail - I would look at this for R1000 more ... much better groupset and brakes etc

http://dialdbikes.co.za/commencal-meta-5.5-limited-2010.html

BUT - they dont have large or XL - so you need to check size.

The longer travel and slacker geometry will make the ride more fun

So I picked up my Toy this weekend. Hell what a nice bike. Just a few Suspension stings and we A for away.

Was looking at your bike at the LBS on Friday. What a epic #ENDURO machine!

Ya not bad - what size would you need?

Are you going to keep your hardtail for XC riding? or swop out for one full sus to do everything?

If you are going to keep your hardtail - I would look at this for R1000 more ... much better groupset and brakes etc

http://dialdbikes.co.za/commencal-meta-5.5-limited-2010.html

BUT - they dont have large or XL - so you need to check size.

The longer travel and slacker geometry will make the ride more fun

I saw that one, but I need a L/XL :(

Will keep my HT, don't I think will get much for it.

nice sean! ... Looks awesome

What guide are you running up front? Is it one of those generic BB-mount guides? Or a proper ISCG-05 mount?

Nige its a Proper mount. Bolts into the frame.

Cool

I have been battling to find one like that ... I ended up getting the BB-mount - so will see how it works ... but actually wanted the iscg-05 ... but you cant get ... not even on chain!

Looking good there my man!  :thumbup:

Is that chain guide not completely redundant with a narrow-wide chainring and clutch derailleur? Or does the Enduro not come with NW and clutch? :)

Is that chain guide not completely redundant with a narrow-wide chainring and clutch derailleur? Or does the Enduro not come with NW and clutch? :)

Makes the likelihood of dropping a chain very small, but some folks want that added security. There really isn't much harm to putting one on.

Makes the likelihood of dropping a chain very small, but some folks want that added security. There really isn't much harm to putting one on.

True yeah. Been runnign without one for a while and not dropped...So unless my frame came with one I aint gonna put it on :P

Archived