Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

Hahaha I wouldn't part with mine if I was lucky enough to own one. Hand welded in the USA, they're like a '63 Corvette. Just newer.. and have better suspension ;)

Hehe. Give JP a call at Recycles in Bellville. He always has some cool stuff in the shop. Maybe he can sort you out. Also try Olympic cycles in Claremont.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe. Give JP a call at Recycles in Bellville. He always has some cool stuff in the shop. Maybe he can sort you out. Also try Olympic cycles in Claremont.

Shweet. Will give recycles a try. Olympic have a few, but no L/XLs

All bits arrived today!!

Building on Friday and hopefully get out to Hakahana on Sunday to give it a run.

I can see everything except wheels there.

I can see everything except wheels there.

Wheels are Sun Ringle Inferno 29s - Still on the Yeti, but being taken in tomorrow to rebuild with the hope hubs. Should have back by Friday.

Also using the race face crank from the Yeti which I'll be stripping completely tomorrow.

Wheels are Sun Ringle Inferno 29s - Still on the Yeti, but being taken in tomorrow to rebuild with the hope hubs. Should have back by Friday.

Also using the race face crank from the Yeti which I'll be stripping completely tomorrow.

Give me a shout if you don't come right with the wheels. Need to get my wheel builder working in the new shop. He knows Hope better than anyone in SA. :D

Give me a shout if you don't come right with the wheels. Need to get my wheel builder working in the new shop. He knows Hope better than anyone in SA. :D

Thanks Dude - Going with my LBS as they do good wheel build work - Would like to get them back by tomorrow and don't have much drive around time...

Guest Omega Man

On the subject of VPP/VVP/OPP. :P

Anyone know where to find an Intense Tracer/Carbine frameset in the Cape? In the mood for a little American muscle.

Preferably in L/XL.. I know they're rare in either.

Shot okes

There are a few 29er versions of the frames hanging in Olympic.

Sorry to burst your bubble about the Corvette. They are all fibreglass. There's a 66 in the garage of my house.

Thanks Dude - Going with my LBS as they do good wheel build work - Would like to get them back by tomorrow and don't have much drive around time...

Just giving you a back up plan if all else fails as I'd like to check your bike out - even if that only happens at Hakahana this weekend. :D

Just giving you a back up plan if all else fails as I'd like to check your bike out - even if that only happens at Hakahana this weekend. :D

Sweet Dude - Thanks. See you Sunday :D

Looking good dude! How's those monster discs!! 203mm?

May I ask why you went for a 29er seeing as though youre clearly into enduros?

Thanks Bro. They are 200mm yes.

The wheels are 26". 29 refers to the rim width on the infernos.

If you are talking about the Slayer, then it's not a 29er.

They are still old style 26" :thumbup:

:eek: Damn son

That's nothing... mine are 30mm, and the new Ibis rims are 41mm wide. 

subtract 4 to 5mm for internal width

My next set of rims is going to have a 35mm internal rim width as a minimum

That's nothing... mine are 30mm, and the new Ibis rims are 41mm wide. 

subtract 4 to 5mm for internal width

My next set of rims is going to have a 35mm internal rim width as a minimum

I was thinking 29mm internal :lol:

Archived