Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

I agree, I think patches needs a new toy to play with... :whistling:

You're welcome to fund it :P

Here's the online store! Buy one in large and you can come trade it for the Jekyll! ;)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.mtb-news.de/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/large_1273626_578243302224403_847770336_o.jpg

or...

Nice. Thinking of getting one of these for France trip next year.

I'm also looking at the Trance, but don't like the fact you can't move the fork on if you want to upgrade it because of the overdrive steerer.

I'm also looking at the Trance, but don't like the fact you can't move the fork on if you want to upgrade it because of the overdrive steerer.

I've also just been looking at that! I wonder if giant has a solution to that? What forks can fit on the overdrive??

I've also just been looking at that! I wonder if giant has a solution to that? What forks can fit on the overdrive??

I believe you can fit any tapered steerer fork - you just need to replace the headset, or at least the top part to fit a standard tapered steerer. So that's not the problem, though it is an additional expense. The problem is you won't get much for your non-standard steerer fork if you try sell it, as it can only be used in other giant bikes and bikes with a straight 1.5'' headtube.

An agreement between myself and Nofearnofun.

Plus... I have some other enduro frames in my sites :devil: :ph34r:

These two have attracetd my attention of late

http://www.mtb-news.de/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/large_1273626_578243302224403_847770336_o.jpg

or...

hmmm, tasteful colour indeed. I wonder if the chat I had with Hopkins on my first ride on *this had any bearing on the new bike colour choice... naaah!

*see below

post-13110-0-42972300-1383301406_thumb.jpg

So here is Nofearnofun's new ride to be...

Due to the Moto cracking, I bought the frame back from him at original price. Being the original owner, I was then able to warranty said frame, and get a Jekyll 3 as a replacement... which will be Nofearnofun's in 3 months time (just to test his patience, haha)

So you warrantied a frame that was in fact third hand? :P

:lol:

ooh, I just stumbled across these!

2014 Devinci Troy Alloy (140mm travel, 650B)

http://fanatikbike.com/merchant/1547/images/zoom/2014---FRAME-TROY-XP_2.jpg

2014 Devinci Dixon Alloy (26" 14mm travel)

post-10758-0-92464600-1383302241_thumb.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

dare I say.........I like the colours :lol:

(Damn these are nice!)

So you warrantied a frame that was in fact third hand? :P

:lol:

No...

I lent a bike to Nofearnofun for 2 months while I held a security deposit :P

Guest Omega Man

GETTTTT!!!! ITTTT!!!!!

:drool: Now we talking !

GETTTTT!!!! ITTTT!!!!!

Pyga or Trance (probably SX) what do you think?

Took a pyga 120 650b for a spin and was suitably impressed.

I like giant, currently have an anthem 29er, and faithful trances and reigns are much loved by their keepers.

Also open to other suggestions...

Davinci looks good, but like so many others, doesn't really make it to our shores.

LOL. I do. But only cos I own it and can't afford to change. Never mind don't want to - that's beside the point!

I just find it very interesting that the wheelbase is shorter on my burlier bike... Strange. I know the chainstays would be longer on the 275, that's logical. But surely not wheelbase. And by a full inch on the SX...

But hey. I love my bike, and I have to say - if I broke mine I'd be on that SX faster than a fat kid on a cupcake. And that's MOER vinnig.

I really missed my Reign X after I sold it, and missed my Reign even more when I crashed it.

The new Trance has a longer wheelbase to aid stability in the steeps. It seems to be the thinking behind these newer Enduro biased machines.

One symptom (or cause) is the longer top tube which would allow the use of a shorter stem without compromising the overall cockpit length. It is just a shame that the OD2 stems are so difficult to find.

Archived