Your Enduro ride

Robodog

That sucks dude. sorry.

Seriously? Damn that sucks. What happened?

Stumbled accross what I thought might be a paint crack but turns out it wasnt... :mellow:

Time for DIY Carbon work? or are you going to try and get warrenty things to happen?

Hmmm, Black and Orange.... it sounds like I need to go and have a look at Superstar, CRC etc...

So here is Nofearnofun's new ride to be...

Due to the Moto cracking, I bought the frame back from him at original price. Being the original owner, I was then able to warranty said frame, and get a Jekyll 3 as a replacement... which will be Nofearnofun's in 3 months time (just to test his patience, haha)

Here it is in black and orange...

post-10758-1383296502,562.jpg

post-10758-1383296526,067.jpg

post-10758-1383296552,9848.jpg

Edited by patches

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn sexy!

How much did it set you back & what's the spec?

Do you know whether it can be bought with RS suspension in sa?

Its all Fox Float suspension, with SLX crank and derailleurs. Shitty Alivio Shifters, and similar level brakes. The thing is though, that with all the trickle down technology, I might be very surprised by the shifting and braking performance. Giant generally think these things through quite thoroughly.

The Trance Adv. 27.5 2 has a RS Monarch rear and a Sektor up front, but you will pay for the carbon.

I paid less than I should have (but I can't tell you). I expect that these should sell in the region of R24K.

Edited by nolipoli

Due to the Moto cracking, I bought the frame back from him at original price. Being the original owner, I was then able to warranty said frame, and get a Jekyll 3 as a replacement... which will be Nofearnofun's in 3 months time (just to test his patience, haha)

Well played, Sir... Well played indeed!

Due to the Moto cracking, I bought the frame back from him at original price. Being the original owner, I was then able to warranty said frame, and get a Jekyll 3 as a replacement... which will be Nofearnofun's to in 3 months time (just to test his patience, haha)

Here it is in black ands orange...needs orange pedals or

Looks good ,that is axactly what i was thinking,needs orange pedals or rims or hubz. :thumbup:

Ye and i wouldnt buy a frame youve been jumping on haha..

nofear scored a new frame .. that jekyll 3 way better

maybe its better to buy 1/2 cracked frames from patches with warranty left :thumbup:

Well played, Sir... Well played indeed!

I haven't ridden it yet as I don't have brake levers (Hope brakes, the levrs just fall off, haha)...

but just from looking at it, I can say that it's going to be painfull to hand over to Nofearnofun on 1st Feb... and he's going to be beaming at the bargain he got, haha!

What did you pay and where? What do you reckon I can get for the fork?

A demo bike is being sent to my lbs!! But all the shops in my area don't believe in discount. The whole "take it or leave it" mentality. Which sucks because end if the day price trumps service for me..... I'm cheap like that!!! Because I have credit card interest to think about.

The forks are worth almost nothing because they are OD2. Youwould probably battle to get R2.5K for it.

Looks good ,that is axactly what i was thinking,needs orange pedals or rims or hubz. :thumbup:

It looks like I will have to rethink this Orange thing...

Ye and i wouldnt buy a frame youve been jumping on haha..

nofear scored a new frame .. that jekyll 3 way better

maybe its better to buy 1/2 cracked frames from patches with warranty left :thumbup:

Not going to go too carzy on the bling, because it's only a temporary ownership... I built this up with parts I already had. Most come off my Intense.The wheels are off my Ndiza (which is now running the Intense's wheels).

As for frames I've jumped... that's where n+1 comes in... I have 2 Morewoods that just love being jumped, so this one will stay relatively close to Mother Earth ;)

Edited by patches

I haven't ridden it yet as I don't have brake levers (Hope brakes, the levrs just fall off, haha)...

but just from looking at it, I can say that it's going to be painfull to hand over to Nofearnofun on 1st Feb... and he's going to be beaming at the bargain he got, haha!

What's with the 1st Feb date of delivery?

Not going to go too carzy on the bling, because it's only a temporary ownership... I built this up with parts I already had. Most come off my Intense.The wheels are off my Ndiza (which is now running the Intense's wheels).

As for frames I've jumped... that's where n+1 comes in... I have 2 Morewoods that just love being jumped, so this one will stay relatively close to Mother Earth ;)

Didn't you buy those Hopes from Gavin Bryant? The black will look sick on there.

Nofear, you will hate that frame..... I have a nice green MOTO I could swop with you for that stupid black frame

Nofear, you will hate that frame..... I have a nice green MOTO I could swop with you for that stupid black frame

Neh, they crack :ph34r: