The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Think he is the favourite for a win today, dead flat stage, should take it, needs to take it to try claw some points back from Mr Sagan.

Now having said he will take it he will probaly prove me wrong - I never get predictions right !!

this time round I reckon your crystal ball will be on the money...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cav currently 6 wins behind Petacci and 15 wins behind Cipollini - all Tours

tdF currently 4th for Cav (24) behind leducq (25), hinault (28) & merkcx (34)

Edited by jcza

One of my fab 9 in the HubSA comp!

me too. I am banking on him taking one of the big high mountain stages, and top 2 in young riders...

Kessiakoff quits...

Frederik Kesiakoff (AST) has just quit the Tour. There are now seven men left in the Astana team and 191 riders still in the race... the Swede is the second to quit the Tour in stage six.

Cav currently 6 wins behind Petacci and 15 wins behind Cipollini - all Tours

tdF currently 4th for Cav (24) behind leducq (25), hinault (28) & merkcx (34)

Too quick for me.

Orica reminds me of the tv show Bananas in Pyjamas.

please don't tell me that you watch it

please don't tell me that you watch it

I am a father and uncle, atleast Im old enough to remember what is.

Orica reminds me of the tv show Bananas in Pyjamas.

thanks - now you know what song I have stuck in my head! :o

Thomas: "Worst day on the bike on my worst Tour..."

Before the start of the 100th Tour de France, LeTour.fr spoke with Geraint Thomas about various moments in his racing career. The Welshman was the youngest starter of the 2007 Tour de France when he made his debut in the race. We asked if there was ever a moment when he thought, 'No, this is too hard for me...' and he said, "Yes! The day to Montpellier."

He takes up the story: "The day that Robbie Hunter [who was a team-mate in Barloworld back in 2007] won... I thought that twice.

"It all split in the crosswinds when ‘Vino’ attacked just after the feedzone. I was absolutely at my maximum just holding the wheel in front of me. We were the back group and I was with Charlie [Wegelius] and he’s not known as a rider for the crosswinds… I was there with him thinking, ‘There’s no way I can go anymore…’ and I freewheeled for that split second and then I was, like, ‘Oh **** no! What am I doing?’ So I got out of the saddle, sprinted, got back on the wheel and stayed there holding onto grim life. That was my worse day on my worst Tour ever"

Thomas: "Worst day on the bike on my worst Tour..."

Before the start of the 100th Tour de France, LeTour.fr spoke with Geraint Thomas about various moments in his racing career. The Welshman was the youngest starter of the 2007 Tour de France when he made his debut in the race. We asked if there was ever a moment when he thought, 'No, this is too hard for me...' and he said, "Yes! The day to Montpellier."

He takes up the story: "The day that Robbie Hunter [who was a team-mate in Barloworld back in 2007] won... I thought that twice.

"It all split in the crosswinds when ‘Vino’ attacked just after the feedzone. I was absolutely at my maximum just holding the wheel in front of me. We were the back group and I was with Charlie [Wegelius] and he’s not known as a rider for the crosswinds… I was there with him thinking, ‘There’s no way I can go anymore…’ and I freewheeled for that split second and then I was, like, ‘Oh **** no! What am I doing?’ So I got out of the saddle, sprinted, got back on the wheel and stayed there holding onto grim life. That was my worse day on my worst Tour ever"

haha I felt like that at last years Race for Victory - got guttered and felt like crying for my mommy a few times. Nice to know riding in B group in the highveld is EXACTLY the same as riding in the tour peleton... ;) Edited by dracs

me too. I am banking on him taking one of the big high mountain stages, and top 2 in young riders...

I punted him... didn't want to as he is my one to watch but I needed to get others in there. Swapped out Quintana, Costa and Kittel for TJ, Ryder and Pinot. Kinda regretting 2 of those so far.

I punted him... didn't want to as he is my one to watch but I needed to get others in there. Swapped out Quintana, Costa and Kittel for TJ, Ryder and Pinot. Kinda regretting 2 of those so far.

hmmm... I have TJ and Pinot as well. Talansky was the other youngster I ws thinking about but went for Pinot instead - not so sure that was a good move...