The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Rodgers has been an animal and was so solid last year for Froome and Wiggins. It's no wonder that Saxo offered him a good deal to play that role for Conti'. Porte is good but doesn't have that all out super dom' quality that you need, his strengths seem to be more in line with a GC rider who's subing down to super dom but with the rest of sky talent you don't need that exact like for like.

Maybe, Rogers was good last year but in Saxo I reckon Roman Kreuziger will be no 2 to 'Berto, I dont think Rogers is as good when the air gets a bit thin. :D

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not that i really disagree with your conclusion, BUT that was early June, and Late July is, well in Late July.

I don't for one second think we will see the same 'Berto then that we saw now...

No I anticipate a very strong 'berto five weeks from now, not three, last week of the tour is when he needs to peak.

Froome Dawg is ruling the 'Yellow Jersey' poll.

Yoh!

3 weeks is a long time in racing.

Do you remember what you were doing 3 weeks ago?

GO 'BERTO

GO SAGAN!

I think best case scenario for Contador and worst case scenario for Froome is for Sky to defend yellow jersey for more than 2 weeks.

I think best case scenario for Contador and worst case scenario for Froome is for Sky to defend yellow jersey for more than 2 weeks.

Yeah, but I doubt they will do that. One thing SKY isnt is silly, they may get it for a day or two but like Lance and US Postal / Discovery they will be rushing to give it back as soon as they can, the competition should be a lot stiffer this year, they wont risk wearing out the team early on.

3 weeks is a long time in racing.

Do you remember what you were doing 3 weeks ago?

Definitely felt better than I do right now, my ribs were intact, I could breathe normally and I wasn't popping painkillers by the ½ dozen daily.

Definitely felt better than I do right now, my ribs were intact, I could breathe normally and I wasn't popping painkillers by the ½ dozen daily.

Ow!

Stick to the black stuff, eksé.

Seriously, get better soon!

The times you'd wish you were Wolverine...

I hope it does not come down to a Froome Conto battle only...Valverde looked solid at Dauphine and Rodriguez I think will love the high mountains.

I see what everybody is saying about Froome and he is the in form man but to me Conto remains the favorite.

The man has only been beaten once in like the last 8 or 9 grand tours he has done...and that was the year he won the Giro and tried the double.Like him I count the rest as wins.....

So basicly he has not been beaten when he has focused on a grand tour.Will take some doing..

I back Froome but to me Conto is the favorite.

Maybe, Rogers was good last year but in Saxo I reckon Roman Kreuziger will be no 2 to 'Berto, I dont think Rogers is as good when the air gets a bit thin. :D

I know you've always been positively biased to Kreuziger, GOG

Rogers is nr 2, I reckon, as exhibited at Dauphinè.

Edited by ' Dale

so nobody thinks Nibali will post a serious challenge this year then? I think he's one to watch.

Very cool news:

Jakob to lead Astana!

Astana long list for the Tour de France: Jakob Fuglsang, Assan Bazayev, Janez Brajkovic, Enrico Gasparotto, Francesco Gavazzi, Andrei Grivko, Jacopo Guarnieri, Andrey Kashechkin, Fredrik Kessiakoff, Alexey Lutsenko, Dmitriy Muravyev, Kevin Seeldraeyers, Egor Silin.

On a side note it's a bit of a curtain raiser for the sprint teams over at Ster ZLM Toer.

OPQS v Lotto v Argos for some momentum and bragging rights in the lead up the tour.

Count so far this season:

- Cav:12 wins

- Greipel: 10

- Kittel: 10

Battle of the trains.

I know you've always been positively biased to Kreuziger, GOG

Rogers is nr 2, I reckon, as exhibited at Dauphinè.

Me........Naa, never. :lol: :lol:

Me........Naa, never. :lol: :lol:

Well, he is the designated leader at Tour de Suisse...

Hmmm

Edited by ' Dale