The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, jcza... Radioshack' not looking sharp.

Turn to veteran Kloden for GC maybe?

From velonews

Tour de France will lack one of the sport’s brightest stars this year, as Fabian Cancellara (RadioShack-Leopard) will skip the 100th edition to focus on the world championships, to be held in Florence, Italy.

Today’s news comes at a tough time for what’s now the RadioShack-Leopard team, as it announced earlier Friday that Chris Horner would not be able to take the start due to knee issues that led to surgery. Further, Andy Schleck has proven unable to rebound from a crash at last year’s Critérium du Dauphiné, in which he broke his sacrum.

Kloden retired I thought? Saw the news that Cancellara is out.

What a shambles!

With everyone else out, folding or just plain under performing does that mean Jens will be No1 for the TdF team!

Edited by hellocolour

“The truth is that I don’t know where I am, although I have thinned down a lot and I’m almost back to my in-form weight,” Schleck said. “Out of necessity, I’ve learned to be cautious and I prefer to be a bit sceptical [about my Tour chances]. I’ll know more in week.

Baby boetie Schleckie

“The truth is that I don’t know where I am, although I have thinned down a lot and I’m almost back to my in-form weight,” Schleck said. “Out of necessity, I’ve learned to be cautious and I prefer to be a bit sceptical [about my Tour chances]. I’ll know more in week.

Baby boetie Schleckie

One wonders if baby Schleck has learnt to ride a TT though?

Shame would really like to see the guy back in contention again.

The next 19 days are going to be very long. Maybe it's replay time of some of the classics from the 90's when men were men and everyone else was doped.

Perhaps the '97 vhs of Big Jan taking advantage of The Eagle's inability to absorb enough EPO to remain competitive and defend his jersey.

The next 19 days are going to be very long. Maybe it's replay time of some of the classics from the 90's when men were men and everyone else was doped.

Perhaps the '97 vhs of Big Jan taking advantage of The Eagle's inability to absorb enough EPO to remain competitive and defend his jersey.

I have some VHS tapes of the old Giro's as well, early 2000 I think, good grief, those were crazy days.

“The balance is good, very good. My sensations are good, regardless of how the GC stands,” Contador said Sunday. “I believe that I will arrive in optimum condition for the Tour. I am not going to say if it’s better or worse than other years; that’s something to see in the race. But I am at least as good as other years."

Contador, at conclusion of Dauphine

“Every day is a useful test to prepare for the Tour de France. There is only one target: be at the top to fight for the green jersey. If I find other chances here I’ll be ready, but for me it’s important to see my form improving.”

Sagan at Td Suisse

The Tour de France organiser will take the race up the Alpe d’Huez twice in one day to celebrate its 100th edition. However, according to Tony Martin (Omega Pharma-Quick Step), its inclusion of the never-before-used descent of the Col de Sarenne is careless.

“I was excited to see it, but I must say that I am negatively surprised,” he wrote on his Facebook page. “The road is old, narrow and no guardrails. One error and you’ll go straight down 30 metres. To send us there is irresponsible.”

“The balance is good, very good. My sensations are good, regardless of how the GC stands,” Contador said Sunday. “I believe that I will arrive in optimum condition for the Tour. I am not going to say if it’s better or worse than other years; that’s something to see in the race. But I am at least as good as other years."

Contador, at conclusion of Dauphine

interesting... Hope for the sake of the race he is right. I think he can compete with Froome in the mountains and if his form improves maybe he'll be a bit stronger, but can he really still TT at the same level. Plus with a team TT, how much deficit is he going to have to make up on Froome?

Fugelsang to lead Astana, final squad to be announced after Tour de Suisse

Astana long list for the Tour de France: Jakob Fuglsang, Assan Bazayev, Janez Brajkovic, Enrico Gasparotto, Francesco Gavazzi, Andrei Grivko, Jacopo Guarnieri, Andrey Kashechkin, Fredrik Kessiakoff, Alexey Lutsenko, Dmitriy Muravyev, Kevin Seeldraeyers, Egor Silin.

Fugelsang to lead Astana, final squad to be announced after Tour de Suisse

Astana long list for the Tour de France: Jakob Fuglsang, Assan Bazayev, Janez Brajkovic, Enrico Gasparotto, Francesco Gavazzi, Andrei Grivko, Jacopo Guarnieri, Andrey Kashechkin, Fredrik Kessiakoff, Alexey Lutsenko, Dmitriy Muravyev, Kevin Seeldraeyers, Egor Silin.

I really hope Fugelsang will develop into the great stage racer that they hope for

I voted for the winner mostly by heart (would love Froomie to take it but my head leans toward Contador)

Voted for the green jersey with my head (had to go with Cav but my heart says Sagan)

Looking forward to Le Tour