The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

One week vs 3 weeks....

Experience vs youth...

Tejay has now tasted team leadership...

Hmmm...

Let's see, dracs.

haha yes lets see. All the experience in the world won't get tired old legs over Alpe D'huez twice in one day as quick as the "young" guns (plus 'Berto)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadel did way better than I expected in order to podium at the Giro, but he was hanging on for dear life at the end, and I'm not sure he would have done so had the high mountain stages in week 3 not been curtailed... Just don't see how he can repeat and improve on that at the tour.... Wouldn't mind being wrong - but I just can't see it. Meanwhile,Teejay was in full control at the tour of California...

You have to remember Cadel was totally shafted by a mechanical on the day he lost the minute odd and Uran jumped to second place. I thought Cuddles was looking very good compared to a lot of the others. A lot of the 'favoured' guys were in a lot more trouble and a lot further back, much earlier in the race. He's pulled a third and is a previous tour Champion and that will count for a lot.

No doubt TJ is a talent and the future of BMC if they can keep him. It's going to be tough for anyone this year to get on the steps looking at the field.

Father time is against Cuddles but that also is what everyone said before the Giro and the predicted embarrassment didn't go too bad in the end.

Had to share this: 100th Edition Medal. Proudly South African made!!

post-6472-0-27267200-1370276249_thumb.jpgpost-6472-0-11042700-1370276260_thumb.jpg

Dinkum? Whats it made out of and who does it?

YOUNG RIDER WINNER OF TdF 2012 van Garderen is looking to hone his July form with a win at the Tour de Suisse.

“I would say right now I am at 95 percent. I’ll use this month to get that extra five percent going into the Tour de France. I definitely have more confidence having won a race. But we still have a month before we get there,” van Garderen said. “I’m definitely feeling stronger. I also feel like I have stepped it up in every race I have done this year compared to last year.... Cadel is fine... He is the team leader for the Tour de France..."

YOUNG RIDER WINNER OF TdF 2012 van Garderen is looking to hone his July form with a win at the Tour de Suisse.

“I would say right now I am at 95 percent. I’ll use this month to get that extra five percent going into the Tour de France. I definitely have more confidence having won a race. But we still have a month before we get there,” van Garderen said. “I’m definitely feeling stronger. I also feel like I have stepped it up in every race I have done this year compared to last year.... Cadel is fine... He is the team leader for the Tour de France..."

I believed everything he said until the last sentence...

"You can never really rule him out. You wouldn’t have thought Cadel Evans would have finished third in the Giro either. It’s not over yet and there are still a few more weeks. If anyone in the peloton knows how to win the Tour it’s Alberto Contador..."

Sky's Porte on Contador

"You can never really rule him out. You wouldn’t have thought Cadel Evans would have finished third in the Giro either. It’s not over yet and there are still a few more weeks. If anyone in the peloton knows how to win the Tour it’s Alberto Contador..."

Sky's Porte on Contador

Hmmm supposedly suffering from allergies. Either way reckon the odds will have shortened on Froome overnight after that TT....

Wonder what Andy Schleck is doing to fine tune his prep for le Tour?

Either going to be something big or nothing at all. His form in Aus was not really up to scratch and I dont think he had enough time to improve that much.

Packing the 'chute?

He is coming to Switz 2morrow for Torture De Suisse and going to get a shock of his life, where upon he will withdraw from the team for TDF

He is coming to Switz 2morrow for Torture De Suisse and going to get a shock of his life, where upon he will withdraw from the team for TDF

:-0