The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So "Richie Froome" and team mate Richie Porte were both given a 20sec penalty and hefty fine for the feeding stunt they pulled yesterday.

Normally you are allowed to feed from the cars up to 25km to go but yesterday 6km to go was the cut off.

Froome needed some vroome and wisely sent Porte to the car to fetch some food for him. (4.something km's to go)

I feel that it was a bit unfair to penalize Froome as he was not the one taking the food from the car, he took it from Porte.

He did not gain an advantage at this point through his actions either ... although he might have lost some time if he didnt take in food.

Are the UCI now going to start telling you when and when not you can eat?

I'm all for the dont feed from cars within the last 20km's ... but if a man wants to eat, let him eat!

Nairo and J Rod look like twins - body stature.

BORN TO CLIMB

I never thought it possible but Nairo makes JRod look almost normal!

He did indeed look in trouble. When I watched some of the close-ups, he almost looked like Cuddles! :eek:

Nobody looks quite as bad as cuddles right now. No fun being had by grumpy smurf.

Can't be that old if he's in the white jersey not so?

He is 23, I thought the question was rhetorical, Grandpa Phil has commented on his age at least 5000 times!

So "Richie Froome" and team mate Richie Porte were both given a 20sec penalty and hefty fine for the feeding stunt they pulled yesterday.

Normally you are allowed to feed from the cars up to 25km to go but yesterday 6km to go was the cut off.

Froome needed some vroome and wisely sent Porte to the car to fetch some food for him. (4.something km's to go)

I feel that it was a bit unfair to penalize Froome as he was not the one taking the food from the car, he took it from Porte.

He did not gain an advantage at this point through his actions either ... although he might have lost some time if he didnt take in food.

Are the UCI now going to start telling you when and when not you can eat?

I'm all for the dont feed from cars within the last 20km's ... but if a man wants to eat, let him eat!

They penalised him for feeding from the car even though he technically got around the prohibition by sending Porte. If had eaten out of his pocket he would have been fine.

Nobody looks quite as bad as cuddles right now. No fun being had by grumpy smurf.

Okay, okay, sorry, that was a bit cruel… :blush:

…and the racing is on! :clap:

On Supersport too?

Those first 2 HC climbs are gonna be interesting - early on in the stage.

(at work now)

On Supersport too?

Those first 2 HC climbs are gonna be interesting - early on in the stage.

(at work now)

Yup, they've had coverage since the start of the stage on SS6. Since 10.45.

Edited by Tumbleweed

They penalised him for feeding from the car even though he technically got around the prohibition by sending Porte. If had eaten out of his pocket he would have been fine.

they described it eurosport. They penalised them for claiming a mechanical (hand up). The official then let the car through to assist with the mechanical only to find out it was only for a feed. The main car had an electrical fault and was not available at the base of the climb so they had to send the second follow car through...which only got to them while on the hill

they described it eurosport. They penalised them for claiming a mechanical (hand up). The official then let the car through to assist with the mechanical only to find out it was only for a feed. The main car had an electrical fault and was not available at the base of the climb so they had to send the second follow car through...which only got to them while on the hill

Cool thanks.

Think this is the lowest I've seen that average speed indicator on the tour tracker so far, haha! 32km/h, I might be able to keep up if that was a flat!

I heard that he grew up so poor his family couldn't afford coke…

Don't they grow coke in Columbia??????

Yup, they've had coverage since the start of the stage on SS6. Since 10.45.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: