The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Speaking of Cavendish, he's got this finale dialed in! Four straight wins on the final Tour de France stage, can he do it again? The circle around the Arc du Triomphe will change up the finish, making it a bit faster than the normal 180-turn.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two categorized climbs today, the first at 29.5km with the Côte de Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse and then at km. 33.5, the Côte de Châteaufort, which is also the site of the Jacques Anquetil memorial.

There are two categorized climbs today, the first at 29.5km with the Côte de Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse and then at km. 33.5, the Côte de Châteaufort, which is also the site of the Jacques Anquetil memorial.

The riders have to make their way from the start in Versailles today - they are currently in the neutral start - and into Paris, where they will have 10 laps of a new circuit which goes all the way around the Arc du Triomphe rather than flip a 180 in front of it.

"The real race starts when we hit the Champs Elysees for the first time," Cavendish said on Eurosport before the finish. "It's a difficult circuit, it's made a lot easier circling the Arc du Triomphe. It's the holy grail for sprinters, so there will be a lot of competition for it."

Of course there is really no need for a neutral start today, because much of the first 69.5km will be more of a procession than a race. Leader and soon-to-be crowned race winner Chris Froome and his Sky team will be the subject of many photo ops along the way, champagne toasts, etc.

Because Quintana is in the polka dot jersey today, the white jersey of best young rider is on the back of Garmin-Sharp's Andrew Talansky, who had a brilliant ride on the final climb on stage 20.

Today is the one day where it is socially acceptable to ride on the path alongside the peloton and try to keep up. They're pedaling along at a tourist's pace out of Versailles.

Peter Sagan, our green jersey winner, has been growing his goatee throughout the race, and today he's done the unthinkable and dyed it green.

Froome told Eurosport he is looking forward to the finish today, saying "The vastness of everything hits you when you hit the Champs-Elysees, the fans, what it all represents." It's been a long journey for him and Sky - and seems like such a long time since we started in Corsica with the Orica bus incident.