The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Possible delay to today's start due to a number of teams stuck in a massive traffic jam, after a local bus crashed.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible delay to today's start due to a number of teams stuck in a massive traffic jam, after a local bus crashed.

Oh Flip - another bus.

Are they testing these buses, especially the one that finished 1st on the first stage.

It seems like they must be on something.

Telling article here about the Ted King exiting:

The race jury of the Tour de France made a severe and calloused error Tuesday, cutting American Ted King from the race after he finished the stage 4 team time trial seven seconds outside of the maximum time allowed.

READ MORE HERE

http://velonews.comp...-message_293232

Hopefully sanity will prevail and they will be a little more flexible.

I wonder if he had been a Frenchman (Voeckler for example) if the same would have applied.

The fact that he is American - wonder if the Lance saga still hurts them.

wonder if the Lance saga still hurts them.

No I doubt it.....never.....not the Frenchies....how could you even think that...... Sacrebleu!!!

Hopefully sanity will prevail and they will be a little more flexible.

I wonder if he had been a Frenchman (Voeckler for example) if the same would have applied.

The fact that he is American - wonder if the Lance saga still hurts them.

I was thinking just that, if King was French he would have been allowed to ride on for sure.

230 kms of black stuff today

Undulating

Sprinters' day

GO DARYL

Uhm,

GO SAGAN

Do you feel that you are sitting on a fence there? :ph34r:

So Daryl needs to finish at the same/similar time as the winners and 10 places ahead of Gerrans to snatch the yellow jersey.

Any chance of this happening, taking into account the fact that generally in a sprint finish Daryl should fare better against Cav & Greipel than Gerrans...

Ted King, who missed the time cut by 7 seconds yesterday, is at the start this morning but it doesn't look as though he's been given a last minute reprieve. The start is roughly 15 minutes away with riders starting to make their to the sign in and the start line.

So Daryl needs to finish at the same/similar time as the winners and 10 places ahead of Gerrans to snatch the yellow jersey.

Any chance of this happening, taking into account the fact that generally in a sprint finish Daryl should fare better against Cav & Greipel than Gerrans...

Guess its down to just how ossie the ossie team want to be... All things being equal, Daryl is last man in the lead out for Goss on the flat stages so he should come in before Gerrans, but I guess they might just swap the order around to keep yellow on the Ossie's back... (really hope not though...)

11:57:15 CEST

• http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2011/05/06/1/pmu_32.png

In the battle for the green jersey Peter Sagan and his tidy new facial hair have a lead over Marcel Kittel and Alex Kristoff.

1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale Pro Cycling 74 pts

2 Marcel Kittel (Ger) Team Argos-Shimano 57

3 Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Katusha 48

4 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 41

5 Lars Boom (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 40

6 Danny van Poppel (Ned) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team 39

7 Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil (Spa) Movistar Team 36

Cavendish has just 25 points and if he's fighting fit today he'll be looking to jump up the standings and narrow the Cannondale leader's advantage.

Guess its down to just how ossie the ossie team want to be... All things being equal, Daryl is last man in the lead out for Goss on the flat stages so he should come in before Gerrans, but I guess they might just swap the order around to keep yellow on the Ossie's back... (really hope not though...)

Yeah I think your first sentence sums up the situation... I bet Daryl is kicking himself for being a "good oak" and leading out Gerrans and not the other way around on stage 3.

Do you feel that you are sitting on a fence there? :ph34r:

Fully on the fence, without chamois cream.

:-O

Ted King was indeed not allowed to start today, so we have 185 riders now. There was a movement on Twitter to allow him to continue, but the race jury refused to change its decision.

No Countrymen of that thieving Armstrong allowed, I spit on you American wannabe cyclists. Vive le tour

:)

What about a break succeeding today?

Unlikely.

It's a sprinters' feast today.

Too flat I reckon.