The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Brings me to my question: Is Froome really such a superior climber or did Berto have a really bad day?

I reckon both, Jaco'

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brings me to my question: Is Froome really such a superior climber or did Berto have a really bad day?

Hmm, I dont know, its still 2000 kms and two weeks to go but..........I have never seen anything like that before.

Faltering at the very first test after a few days warmup??? I reckon Froome is far superior. Not just Berto who "had a bad day". Can't see anyone coming back to challenge.

Hmm, I dont know, its still 2000 kms and two weeks to go but..........I have never seen anything like that before.

I think The Tour is over Grumps. They're all riding for second place.

Only in the doping days would we have believed it if Berto and the rest suddenly recover to have a miraculous day.

Edited by Bianchisti

Ride Of The Day -

Froome & Quintana!

I think Quintana got stage fright, he looked quite comfortable physically, but it seemed he was doubting himself, almost like "how can I be so far ahead of the big names" I think we will see a lot more of him in the Alps.

Froome really gave it his all! Never seen such a show of dominance before. Really hope he can keep it up in next couple of weeks.

Today I am pissed off at Lance et al. After such a dominant performance, no during the performance I was already dreading a positive test. I really enjoyed how sky just rode everyone of their wheels. But I just can't shake this *** feeling. And it is lance and his merry men's fault.

Aaah well tommorow I am back for more mixed feelings

Andy Schleck did quite well, I thought.

Beat Cadel to the line.

Seems he is coming good, finally.

Beat Cadel to the line.

Hope Andy can feature in a stage

Today I am pissed off at Lance et al. After such a dominant performance, no during the performance I was already dreading a positive test. I really enjoyed how sky just rode everyone of their wheels. But I just can't shake this *** feeling. And it is lance and his merry men's fault.

But he received the death sentence? Is cycling not saved now that the ONE is out and shamed?

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Ja. Almost wont be a surprise if a front runner gets bust for doping. Sad but very possible.

Froome really gave it his all! Never seen such a show of dominance before. Really hope he can keep it up in next couple of weeks.

Will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of the yellow jersey. How good will he be if Porte has a *** day. Lots can happen. Cant wait for tomorrow.

Beat Cadel to the line.

So did I, considering his recent form, I was quite surprised. Perhaps he will try for a stage win somewhere.?

The scenery is so awesome and spectacular. Those wild horses running down those mountain streams was a great sight to see. Breath taking riding and scenery, not to mention the crazy cycling fans.

Beat Cadel to the line.

This is what I don't get. In 2010 Berto and Schleckie went toe-to-toe up the Tourmalet. They've both been "out" for a while and there's light years difference between them all of a sudden. Schleckie had a broken arse and now his no longer the same rider while Thomas is still in this race with the same injury. Berto, well, he doesnt look the shadow of the rider from that Tourmalet episode.

I'm sure someone will do the numbers, but what must the difference be between them and Froome' wattage to make sense of today I wonder.