Ironman 2014 - 10 Years of Ironman in PE

Garfield2010

So in other words how much will we need to brake? I hate breaking in ironman.

I have a friend aiming for a KONA slot.

He plans to race 09h50 and is 40 - 45 age cat. Is he likely to get a slot with that time?

He probably needs sub- 9:35 to assure a slot based on last year's times, but who knows with new bike course. Nearly all slots in that AG went to Europeans coming to win Kona slots last year.

Winning time in that AG last year was 9:18 (Mark Sack).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found out what a long way to go I still got to go....

Legs were seriously moeg tonight after lasts nights IDT 1hr52 and tonights1 hr run...

:huh:

He probably needs sub- 9:35 to assure a slot based on last year's times, but who knows with new bike course. Nearly all slots in that AG went to Europeans coming to win Kona slots last year.

Winning time in that AG last year was 9:18 (Mark Sack).

Quite hectic how at half ironman the young AG thrive in the overall AG competition where as at Full Ironman it is all the more "experienced" bodies dominating!

anyone doing buffelspoort this weekend?

Yebo, weather looking ok for Sunday morning, lets hope it holds...

Yebo, weather looking ok for Sunday morning, lets hope it holds...

Ya let's hope so! What are your thoughts of doing a half ironman race 4 weeks before imsa? Maybe not race as hard to recover quicker?

Ya let's hope so! What are your thoughts of doing a half ironman race 4 weeks before imsa? Maybe not race as hard to recover quicker?

I am going to go a little faster than I plan to race ironman, but not flat out, still 3 weeks of hard training coming up..

What time do you guys think would be good enough for a kona slot, 30 - 35 age group? Sub 9:30 good enough?

I am going to go a little faster than I plan to race ironman, but not flat out, still 3 weeks of hard training coming up..

Good plan!

Quite hectic how at half ironman the young AG thrive in the overall AG competition where as at Full Ironman it is all the more "experienced" bodies dominating!

Not necessarily... first two AGers overall at 70.3 this year were Mark Pellew and Mark Sack, who sprinted out the finish for the 40-44 category...

M40-44 is usually the biggest category at IM, mostly because at that age guys have settled families and carreers and enough money to blow on IM and tri kit!

What time do you guys think would be good enough for a kona slot, 30 - 35 age group? Sub 9:30 good enough?

Probably... unlucky if you go sub 9:30 and don't get a slot!

Only 2 big weeks left, then tapering starts... lots of nervous excitement going on..

Buffels Ultra went well besides the stomach issues at the end of the run..

PS - my entire toolkit box fell off my bike and I didn't realise it - gonna cots a few pennies to replace everything aarrgghhh

Only 2 big weeks left, then tapering starts... lots of nervous excitement going on..

Buffels Ultra went well besides the stomach issues at the end of the run..

PS - my entire toolkit box fell off my bike and I didn't realise it - gonna cots a few pennies to replace everything aarrgghhh

That's sucks, happened to me at a MTB race and was horrible riding knowing you had no tools, spares and yeah the cost adds up quickly.

only one big week, around 20 hours, left for me, then taking it down a few hours each week until race week. Now just trying to stay healthy, wife and kids all sick with flu or gastro so I am stressing a bit. Actually looking forward to a few hard sessions this week knowing that its all downhill from here

That's sucks, happened to me at a MTB race and was horrible riding knowing you had no tools, spares and yeah the cost adds up quickly.

luckily I didn't know I had lost it till the end of the race... so I didn't worry about it...

luckily I didn't know I had lost it till the end of the race... so I didn't worry about it...

Have you contacted the race organisers? someone may have handed it in

Have you contacted the race organisers? someone may have handed it in

contacted them doesn't look like they found my bottle, but they did find a bottle cage system for behind the seat it seems, so if anyone is missing theirs, give them a shout

Archived