Ironman 2014 - 10 Years of Ironman in PE

Garfield2010

PS - my entire toolkit box fell off my bike and I didn't realise it - gonna cots a few pennies to replace everything aarrgghhh

Happened to me at midlands ultra.

Saddle bag R150

Valve extension and tool R70

Disc valve R140

Slime bomb R80

Allen key R120

tubes and tyre levers R80

Yes it is an expensive exercise

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So............would I be correct in saying that this coming weekend is arguably the most important of all weekends for final long distance training for PE? Three full weeks to recover means you can probably do anything this weekend in terms of biking and swimming whilst limiting running to no more than 30km........

Happened to me at midlands ultra.

Saddle bag R150

Valve extension and tool R70

Disc valve R140

Slime bomb R80

Allen key R120

tubes and tyre levers R80

Yes it is an expensive exercise

What's an Allen key?

So............would I be correct in saying that this coming weekend is arguably the most important of all weekends for final long distance training for PE? Three full weeks to recover means you can probably do anything this weekend in terms of biking and swimming whilst limiting running to no more than 30km........

Yes, doing a 200km cycle and a 5km swim on Saturday with a 25km run on Wednesday.

anyone in Pta wanting to join us on Sunday morning, 6AM start

We are doing a 180 ride out in the east towards cullinun.. plotted a ride on the safest roads possible.. got about 6 guys so long.. average will be around 30km\hr

PM me if you are keen to join

Yip, I think you are right, but I dont think the focus should only be on the weekend, also need to get some quality interval / hill sessions in during the week and then the IM pace and distance stuff on the weekend. This is one week you don't want to be missing sessions, mainly for the knowledge / memory / comfort / peace of mind that will come from completing a really hard week.

I am also finding it quite easy to look at getting through this week, in fact I am kind of looking forward to the pain (as opposed to the last month, which I found really hard mentally), knowing that its all getting easier after sunday

Anyone in this group riding a Giant TT bike out past Blouberg yesterday evening?

Passed me on the bike path while I was out running - looking lean and mean!

Its still raining.... no gym contract.... So I am tapering for this weekends massacre.

this weather is getting a bit much ..

dusted off the old treadmill, let's hope no more loadshedding otherwise that plan goes out the window!

Damn its windy in Cape Town at the moment, normally the wind stops right after the Argus, but not this year. At least its not raining.

Yesterday driving home past Old mutual the one lane was closed as a bakkie had lost its load. As I drove past I had a look at what was on the road. It was about 200 Iron man 10 year race packs or magazines. a few trucks drove over a whole bunch. The mags may be a little late :o

Yesterday driving home past Old mutual the one lane was closed as a bakkie had lost its load. As I drove past I had a look at what was on the road. It was about 200 Iron man 10 year race packs or magazines. a few trucks drove over a whole bunch. The mags may be a little late :o

The mag is done by Paul at Electric Ink based here in CPT - hopefully those were meant for people out of Cape Town :whistling:

Archived