Ironman 2014 - 10 Years of Ironman in PE

Garfield2010

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people are just disposed to this sort of thing. My advise get some good quality shorts / bibs, you need to spend close on a grand in my opinion and use a good chamois cream, something with some antibacterial muti will probably help. You could also try waxing?

You need to clear up the problem. Go and get some good (expensive) cortisone cream, (worked for Lance remember), get a prescription and a TUE in case you make the podium and are tested. Cortisone is banned.

Thanks for the advice, I'll do just that. I tried some cortisone but it was pretty cheap so I'll try and get some good stuff.

I'll even get a prescription but there is no chance of my making the podium though :)

A bit of Bactroban makes it clear up real quick.

I didn't think to try Bactroban.

Should I try this or the Cortisone or both (desperate times!)?

Ok so i am sick now. Cold moving into my chest. Super glad i did a massive week up until now. Maybe i can actually do something normall people do on a weekend. Go to a mall or hell even eat a take away. I am so bad!!

has anyone seen the weather predictions for race day. I checked acuweather last night. 97% chain of rain.

Max 17 min 11 and winds of almost 49km/h. Should be an interesting day

has anyone seen the weather predictions for race day. I checked acuweather last night. 97% chain of rain.

Max 17 min 11 and winds of almost 49km/h. Should be an interesting day

eish.. 2012 repeat

here is my weather request..

gentle 10-15km/h Westerly

22 degrees

cloudy

no rain..obviously

eish.. 2012 repeat

here is my weather request..

gentle 10-15km/h Westerly

22 degrees

cloudy

no rain..obviously

That would be great

And water of 22 degrees

That would be great

And water of 22 degrees

Ok lets stop with the weather forecasts two weeks out, save that for the Argus thread, please. Are we not Ironmen?

Funny though I see Accuweather has 23 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind SSE at 6 km/h with gusts of 23 km / h. No rain. Good racing weather.

I am now at that stage where I am paranoid about everything.

Every little creak or squeak my bike makes freaks me out, even though I had it serviced and they told me everything was fine.

Every sneeze or sniffle brings anxiety...hahaha

Getting really antsy now, can't wait for next Sunday!

Well I am just recovering from a serious cold that kept me out the whole of the long weekend. However one should never try and catch up. I will just aim at having a quality week with moderate sessions when possible.

It is so close now. Everyone please stay calm :w00t:

I'm still not 100% although I spent the long weekend in bed and took all my meds...Heading back to the doc today for another check.

Archived