Ironman 2014 - 10 Years of Ironman in PE

Garfield2010

you to?

im only doing Sat but will stay and do a long ride on the Sunday on my own steam

Yebo yes - looking forward to a little burner before hand!

Only doing Friday though then back to town for final weekend of any real long stuff. Although I do have a 3h30 bike+brick next weekend... :/

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, well, seeing as we're all posting sessions for this week...

Monday: 10km run

Tuesday: 3km swim, 10km run

Wednesday: 10km run, 1 hour on spinning bike high intensity

Thursday: 3km swim

Friday: Olympic distance race (1.5km swim, 40km ride, 10km run)

Saturday: 180km easy ride (30kph avg), 5km swim, 10km run

Sunday: rest

Gees your Saturday looks like a walk in the park! Should take no less than at least 8hrs! Overtraining much?? Enjoy that session!

Did a 3 hr IDT session which would rival a 5000m swim in the boredom category

Yep, EVEN if have a dvd / music system to watch and listen to (for the IDT)

Gees your Saturday looks like a walk in the park! Should take no less than at least 8hrs! Overtraining much?? Enjoy that session!

Ha, yes, that's my last hard session. Downhill after that.

You also doing Warm Water this weekend?

easy ride at 30km/hr .... :eek:

Yip, going to be fun, I hope.

Yeah, that's the West Coast Road. 30kph is easy as there are almost no hills.

Yip, going to be fun, I hope.

Yeah, that's the West Coast Road. 30kph is easy as there are almost no hills.

Ive done the race a few times

The trail run is quite tough - about 5-6kms on beach sand and then running over the dunes back to the road.

was just outside cullinun, we were 6 guys in single file, car drove past everyone and then came in a hit me on the front of the bunch, with his mirror. he took my bike out from under me, i fell against the car, which threw me as he went past, i went over the bars and landed on my head and face and shoulder. my hand must have slammed a rock off the road, which shattered the bone right at the joint which connects into the wrist..

the dude drove on quite a bit, i think we wasn't going to stop, must have stopped 50m away eventually..

his car has a nice scratch in an arch on the back door, as my bike went over and cut into the paint...

my tt shifters are heavily scratched as well as the front of my torpedo bottle.. so did a nice summersault...

the guys behind cr@pped themselves..

i was thinking of putting my go pro on at the back of my bike before the ride, should have done it, would have been some great footage..

excuse the typing and spelling etc, only have my left hand to type with..

Flip thats hectic man, so sorry to hear that!

Heard there might be some bouys out at clifton this sunday for a 1km swim loop for the guys training for IMSA..

Anyone know anything about this??

Heard there might be some bouys out at clifton this sunday for a 1km swim loop for the guys training for IMSA..

Anyone know anything about this??

There is the freedom swim series happening on Friday ..... 1 miler and a 3 miler

I did a 6 hour IDT session last Friday. It was soul destroying.

By the way.... Is it fair to assume that your swim times in the pool (50m) will be the same as in the Ocean?

Obviously you swim a little farther in the ocean but you have a wetsuit and the salt water helps keep you afloat as do the other athletes drag you along... or am I wrong?

By the way.... Is it fair to assume that your swim times in the pool (50m) will be the same as in the Ocean?

Obviously you swim a little farther in the ocean but you have a wetsuit and the salt water helps keep you afloat as do the other athletes drag you along... or am I wrong?

The general answer is that you will be faster in the ocean than the pool, provided the conditions aren't horrible.

Your wetsuit, the salt water and the fact that you can draft all contribute.

for me personally they are slower in the pool, the wetsuit reduces the "skeg effect" ie lifts the legs up..

on a 1500m swim, i'm approx 5 mins quicker.

I honestly love my wetsuit :ph34r:

The general answer is that you will be faster in the ocean than the pool, provided the conditions aren't horrible.

Your wetsuit, the salt water and the fact that you can draft all contribute.

Race day adrenalin and rested body contribute as well

Reading this is making me feel bad about my training...u guys do crazy long days!

Biggest week I think was 14 hours,longest bike ride...160km,longest run 32km and longest swim 3km.

Going to be a hard day for me!

Will keep on Training for the next 10 days and see what happens.

Reading this is making me feel bad about my training...u guys do crazy long days!

Biggest week I think was 14 hours,longest bike ride...160km,longest run 32km and longest swim 3km.

Going to be a hard day for me!

Will keep on Training for the next 10 days and see what happens.

Hahaha I'm in the same boat as you!

Someone told me, its about the quality not the quantity!

I cannot wait. I am paranoid like never before even though I have never been in this good shape.

About Overtraining.... Can we still go crazy this weekend and then taper off the last 2 weeks?

(I plan to swim 8km, Cycle 140km and run a total of 20km)

Archived