Ironman 2014 - 10 Years of Ironman in PE

Garfield2010

We're proud of Raynard, returning to IRONMAN to take part for IRONMAN 4 The Kidz, he came home a small while back in 13:14:37 and they've raised more than R1,5 million for the charity!

Well done to all involved!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabes

post-5455-0-67819200-1396800731_thumb.png

Fabes recently went through 28km, well according to the tracker site which is probably delayed a bit...hang in there Fabes :thumbup:

Well done Garth, great run = 4:07

Holy cow that was tough, just managed to squeak in under 11 hours, 10:57. Really tough bike with the hills on the first half and headwind for the last 45 km. Klapped a 3:40 marathon to brink it home, very chuffed. Hard hard race

Holy cow that was tough, just managed to squeak in under 11 hours, 10:57. Really tough bike with the hills on the first half and headwind for the last 45 km. Klapped a 3:40 marathon to brink it home, very chuffed. Hard hard race

Congrats :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Super run

Sub 11

wow!!

Wow, very, very different bike route compared to last year.

I took 50 minutes longer on the bike than last year. I swam 10 minutes faster and ran 45 minutes faster, so I don’t think I'm less fit than last year. Admittedly I'm probably the world's worst climber so it probably affected me more than most.

That howling headwind for the last 45km also wasn't a bunch of laughs.

Anyways, enough complaining. Awesome race, as always. Congrats to all who finished a very difficult race.

Took major strain out there yesterday

has hoping to shoot a sub 13:30

Nailed a 16:20

wheels feel of on the bike completely

and that transferred to the run

fantastic support from all on the side of the road

That was the hardest cycle I have ever done!!

Went well on my first loop with a 3:20 split and then just after lake farm on the second loop I punctured. So I sat down to fix it which was the worst possible thing I could do. From there it became the longest day ever. Ended up doing a 15:52 I think

well done guys, all my mates that did it said they left LOADS of blood out on that bike course...

next year back to original route?

well done guys, all my mates that did it said they left LOADS of blood out on that bike course...

next year back to original route?

If it doesn't change to old route I will never do it again. (PE ironman)

Thx for the support guys. All i can say is that with this route someone will get seriously injured as some stage. How did DaveM do?? Didnt see him once

Yoh it was tough.My knees started paining early on in the bike and turned into a proper painfest.Walked most of the run.Scraped home in about 16.15.

Well done to all who finished!!!

Thx for the support guys. All i can say is that with this route someone will get seriously injured as some stage. How did DaveM do?? Didnt see him once

How so?

Archived