Top Posters In This Topic

"An Agreement with Sweetspot (the Event organisers) was reached
in September 2007 for the holding of the 2008 Tour of South Africa, but
the contract confirming the Agreement was not signed by Sweetspot
despite requests"

and

"The CSA Board will report further on negotiations with Sweetspot as and
when these take place"

my ingils is nie so delicious. maar lees ek reg dat sweetspot nie na die party toe gekom het, maar in die laaste paragraaf se ons dat ons weer met hulle wil deal??

of is ek deurmekaar?

my ingils is nie so delicious. maar lees ek reg dat sweetspot nie na die party toe gekom het' date=' maar in die laaste paragraaf se ons dat ons weer met hulle wil deal??

of is ek deurmekaar?
[/quote']

dont look a gift horse in the mouth? If they're willing to sponsor, then use them again if you can. Just because they couldnt come up with the money now, dont cut off your nose to spite your face...

they not willing to sponsor, they want other people to sponsor, our government. cant someone here arrange it with our money? but.....we have this 3 day in Boland...

they not willing to sponsor' date=' they want other people to sponsor, our government. cant someone here arrange it with our money? but.....we have this 3 day in Boland...[/quote']

how is the entries looking for the Boland so far???? Any SV here doing it?

OK...highjack over...sorry!

klink of Moolies en Garrett se teams gan ry. Maar lyk my almal wag tot op last moment.

ja....ons gaan ry....sal maar sien of ek 2 dae se suffer kan vat wou net weet of daar ander SV is wat al ingeskryf het!!

Lem, as al die teams gaan ry, wat van individuels? ry ons net saam en gaan daar 'n "rider limits" wees

soos, only first 500 entries?

Almal gaan mos saam wegspring, gaan julle 'n 500 groot groep kan handle?

popeye2008-01-31 06:42:27

O.k hierdie tread is paiste thanks auction lamb.....Big%20smile Groot Lem maak n reel dat prysgeld net deur ryers ontvang mag word as hulle die toer voltooi. Net nou kry jy die mal hase wat alle sprints vat en saterdag nie kom nie, want hulle wil sy bene spaar vir die league die sondag. 

O.k hierdie tread is paiste thanks auction lamb.....Big%20smile Groot Lem maak n reel dat prysgeld net deur ryers ontvang mag word as hulle die toer voltooi. Net nou kry jy die mal hase wat alle sprints vat en saterdag nie kom nie' date=' want hulle wil sy bene spaar vir die league die sondag. 

[/quote']

Stem saam met daai re?l!!!

What is going on at CyclingSA. I spoke to one of their officials earlier today and was told' date=' the tour had to be cancelled because CyclingSA wanted too much money from the organisers (Like R1million). Angry

Does anyone know more about this ?
[/quote']

I only know that CyclingSA is trying it's best to kill the sport with the amount of money they extort from race organisers.

I only know that CyclingSA is trying it's best to kill the sport with the amount of money they extort from race organisers.

Whoa .............. what makes you think CyclingSA is trying its best to kill the sport, please tell us?

Without CyclingSA generating some money it would have to close. If they put their name behind an event surely they are entitled to a cut of the sponsorship for giving the race some credibility.

Sure CyclingSA might not please everyone all of the time, but rather give them some support instead of trying to cricify them at every opportunity.

I say all events should be sanctioned by CSA in order for the organisers or promoters to be able to get any form of Public Liability insurance and NO event should be allowed to take place on the roads without the insurance being in place.  

So CSA releases a statement on why the 2008 Tour of South Africa is cancelled and everyone thinks that's the whole story? Case closed? No way! There's lot's more to this I'm sure. Be interesting to hear Sweet Spot's side of the story.

Sweet Spot organises the Tour of Britain (http://www.thetour.co.uk/) and organised the Prologue and Stage 1 of the 2007 Tour de France in England. Think they're going to risk their good reputation by bungling a long overdue Tour of SA? I doubt it.

Sponsors don't come on board for an event that only has a one-year guarantee. Big sponsors look at three years minimum for a major event. How on earth could Sweet Spot get a multi-million rand sponsorship from a South African company for a race that is only guaranteed to them for one year?

Pity. We could have had some more new (long-term) sponsors in our sport, a great race to create local heroes and raise the profile of cycling in SA and, potentially, the start of an international success story to match the Cape Epic. How long will we have to wait now to get a big road stage race we can call the Tour of South Africa?

Sean Badenhorst2008-02-01 08:20:46