Thank you Garmin

kandui

I was having a crap day, until I went to the Garmin office earlier.

My Edge 500 unit got wet internally after I gave it a bit of a wipe over the weekend. While sorting this out with the counter guy, I mentioned that my device was still not able to do an automatic upload, I had to upload every activity manually. This started some time at the end of last year and neiher the local not international tech support have been able to sort out the issue.

Then I spoke to Louise at Garmin (she was sitting at her desk, 2m away) and sent her the email I sent to her colleague February where I explained the problem.

Just got an email back from Garmin saying they will give me a new Edge 500!

Great news and great customer service.

Edited by kandui

I've had similar experience from them.

Well worth the money, They (local support desk) do the brand proud

G

I was having a crap day, until I went to the Garmin office earlier.

My Edge 500 unit got wet internally after I gave it a bit of a wipe over the weekend. While sorting this out with the counter guy, I mentioned that my device was still not able to do an automatic upload, I had to upload every activity manually. This started some time at the end of last year and neiher the local not international tech support have been able to sort out the issue.

Then I spoke to Louise at Garmin (she was sitting at her desk, 2m away) and sent her the email I sent to her colleague February where I explained the problem.

Just got an email back from Garmin saying they will give me a new Edge 500! I bought mine in 2011, so it's out of warranty.

Great news and great customer service.

Only just moved to Garmin on the fitness side, but I've always had awesome service from them on the car GPS units I've used.

They certainly do the brand proud!

Edited by Jigghead

I have often championed the Garmin brand and I will continue to do so, they are a well run, well respected, mature, honorable business with whom I have absolutely no issue doing business with.

I will pay any sum for a Garmin, because I know, if I need help they will assist, no questions, no queries, no "wheres your invoice / credit card slip / letter from your mother", just a straight forward honest approach to sorting out each issue and putting you back on the road/ bike / trail whatever.

Many companies can learn a lot from them, but sadly few will bother.

I have had the exact same experiences as mentioned above by the others.

Great brand, great service, I won't buy anything else!

It's great to know they are consistent with their service.

I have the same problem with regards to my Garmin not being able to upload automatically. i have to copy the last ride i did in activities and then paste it.

Is it fixable ? My dads Garmin also does the same thing, we got ours together.

Should i take it there ?

I have the same problem with regards to my Garmin not being able to upload automatically. i have to copy the last ride i did in activities and then paste it.

Is it fixable ? My dads Garmin also does the same thing, we got ours together.

Should i take it there ?

Take it to Garmin. I couldn't get the problem solved, so they are giving me a new one

• 1 month later...

I bought a 2nd hand Edge 705 a couple weeks ago and found that the unit would not clip properly onto the mount.

I sent it into Garmin Jhb and they replaced the bottom casing free of charge.

Take it to Garmin. I couldn't get the problem solved, so they are giving me a new one

sorry guys, how does this automatic upload work? I have an edge 500 and also need to manually upload, sounds like I need to do an upgrade though? where are they based in Cape Town?