Lance Armstrong has a new bike......

pista

Point taken, but now that the playing fields are "Level" again lets hope that we can "Sit in front of the TV" and enjoy some real competitive tactical riding. If the Giro was indicative of what we may expect, great!

I think banning race radios will make a huge difference to the racing and will force much more agressive racing from the contenders.

Whilst there is a place for tactical riding in a race, this will show who the best tactician on the road is rather than the best tactical backoffice team feeding detailed instructions to the riders.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think banning race radios will make a huge difference to the racing and will force much more agressive racing from the contenders.

Whilst there is a place for tactical riding in a race, this will show who the best tactician on the road is rather than the best tactical backoffice team feeding detailed instructions to the riders.

Excuse my lack of currentness, but are radios banned in this years tdf?

Excuse my lack of currentness, but are radios banned in this years tdf?

I don't know.

However, i have twice followed the TdF in a team car and watching the DS gather info from all sources (including TV broadcasts), analysing it and feeding a race plan back to the riders on a continuous basis, made me realise how big a role they play.

It would be fun without it.

I don't know.

However, i have twice followed the TdF in a team car and watching the DS gather info from all sources (including TV broadcasts), analysing it and feeding a race plan back to the riders on a continuous basis, made me realise how big a role they play.

it always amazes me how these guys manage to drive with one hand, watch, listen, talk, read etc all at the same time and mostly without crashing

I don't know.

Like the guy in the Giro celebrating the sprint and stage win only to find out another other rider had already beaten him and was busy getting a new jersey for the podium.