Garmin Vector

Which side was it on?

It was the right hand side that didn't communicate with the head unit, switched pods and then it said that the left side is missing. so the issue lies within the pod that was originally in the right pedal.

Don't actually understand how it can just stop functioning? there seems to be nothing wrong with it? Do I need to replace or can they actually inspect it first?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do any of you have contact details for GarminSA?

First Floor

5 Sturdee Avenue

Rosebank

Johannesburg

Phone: +27 11 251 9999

Fax: +27 011 251 9799

e-mail: info@garmin.co.za

First Floor

5 Sturdee Avenue

Rosebank

Johannesburg

Thanks,

Had to take my pedals to SportsmansWarehouse and then Garmin collects it from them. this can take some turnaround time. 

Not very assuring when the lady at SW says that Garmin only sends courier services a week after they have been notified to collect.

First Floor

5 Sturdee Avenue

Rosebank

Johannesburg

Do not go to the office in Rosebank, they will send you to Navworld in Randburg.

Save yourself a trip and go straight to Randburg

Apparently they don't have any equipment in Rosebank to take the pedals out however the guys at Navworld are brilliant

Is the battery the correct way inserted?

I've had zero issues with my vectors.

Haha... I have to admit I'm an a$$, I had put the battery in the wrong way round. Pedals are working just fine although I still have the power balance in my left leg's favour although on all the Wattbikes I'm right leg dominant...

Concur, I've only dealt with NavWorld although I waited for over 4 weeks to get replacements pods.

Stuff that long before I get my Pedals back?

I'm thinking of rather getting a secondhand PT them.

Stuff that long before I get my Pedals back?

I'm thinking of rather getting a secondhand PT them.

If they have stock it should be less than a week's wait.

If they have stock it should be less than a week's wait.

Issue comes in, that I had to send the whole lot there for inspection etc. and SW confirmed Garmin does take a while before they collect.

Issue comes in, that I had to send the whole lot there for inspection etc. and SW confirmed Garmin does take a while before they collect.

rather send with Cape Union (Vincent) their service is a lot better than SW. otherwise send it directly to navworld

• 3 weeks later...

Yep. When I first got mine the mechie at the shop told me the first one's he ever mounted basically cracked when he tightened the peddles. For what it is the pods should really be a lot more robust in my opinion. Garmin shouldn't design stuff and think we'll just write something in a manual for installation. Just because it's in a manual doesn't mean people will read it. They should design and produce adequate products first and not be writing manuals to cover themselves.

Anyway pods now fooked it seems, so to replace them. But I also swopped out the pods left to right peddle and the left peddle still wouldn't update. Process of elimination continues. If you thinking to buy these, just the sort of thing to consider carefully.

Now it's about how they (shop and Garmin) choose to handle this. At least the shop put their hands up and said: "Sorry about that we'll make things right!" It's not ideal, but yeah.....!

After slating them somewhat I have to be fair by saying they don't mess around when there is problems with their product. New set of peddles and pods received today. No questions asked and also no explanation as to what was wrong with previous. Neither do I care really.

I can live with that kind of support from a company/shop who put their hand up and apologised when I raised the issue and endeavoured to solve it.

So all is well that ends well. I like the way this was handled and that's all I need.

post-25309-0-05571900-1413720642_thumb.jpg

too many variables.

1. New pods

2. New 510

updated 510 sw when i first plugged in.

vectors still on2.4. dropping power and cadence. me getting frustrated.

thought let me just try to reinstall firmware with new pods, firmware 2.6 available and updated.

after that, reinstall installation angles, and boom, no more power drops.

I really like the idea of power meter on multiple bikes, hence every things works smooth.

Archived