[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

55 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Moral of my story - never go do an event shortly after having been ill.

Went up the 1st climb, passed some people, but felt like I'm not climbing like I usually do. Up through some of the climbs before the bottleneck, I think it was up to the WP, I looked down after starting the downhill and was shocked at my HR. Coasted the down/flat section, absolutely no HR recovery, where I'm used to it simply plummeting. Those next couple of light climbs was absolutely done with eye on the HR and even trying to go sloooow only helped that much. Where the marshals were warning, I made the mistake of glancing at the second one and moving my head gave my such dizzyness, that I simply stopped (on the downhill, how's that for a joke!) and stabilised myself.

Got to the bottleneck and even standing there my HR remained very high in zone 3. Though I was simply going to turn left on Helz and head home, stuff the rest. But in the end went on, kept left and waved a lot of people by! :blush:

To boot, got a long piece of wire entangled in my rear spokes. At least I wasn't stressed about stopping and losing time!

Such a lovely day... and ended up just managing myself. Super day, though - wished I had taken my camera along. May as well have... :whistling:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed 17 minutes better than last year on the 60 - I didn't realise the climbing was as steep as 1900 m. My Endomondo on my B.B said 1000m !

I am one of those still riding with strap on pedals from the 90's - long story why but no way I will change to cleats again.

I also remebered this year to avoid those nasty H beams in the tunnel near the end and saw a few blokes changing tires here as I assume they didn't

Depends...did you upload your Garmin info through Strava or GarminConnect? There is an elevation correction enabler on GarminConnect

I haven't downloaded the data, the total acent on the device says 1530m.

72km --> 1754m according to my Garmin. Couple of tweaks to the route along the way meant it was 7km shorter than last year and almost 300m less climbing (depending on how accurate my Garmin recorded)....

Edited by ShortLegs

I haven't downloaded the data, the total acent on the device says 1530m.

Once the elevation has been corrected it should be on par with that of the quoted elevation

I've got three...

Nope, I have none that are loaded up on my number yet. Even did a search on the time I finished and gave it a 5 minute window either way on the unidentified pics with no result....

Nope, I have none that are loaded up on my number yet. Even did a search on the time I finished and gave it a 5 minute window either way on the unidentified pics with no result....

Same here!

Will have to test our patience skills.... (I have none of those btw)

Ok, i've worked out how to do it. When entering your race number just input the number, not the letter in front

Edited by Sentinel

I keep on getting a "website blocked error", anyone with the same issue?

Yep , reported it on their Fb page .