Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

I am still not sure what bike I am taking with. I'll know towards the middle of June only.

I'm going for my Visa next week, I hope it is as pain free up here as it was in Cape Town always.

I reckon you take the big dog and feed it some gravity.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. The 25kg weight won't matter as much up there. Plus - you'll have hundreds of okes wanting to put the bike on the lifts for you as a matter of course!

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Cool! Didn't know you are going with though...

What RD do you have? Cause if you get a NW (with the right RD) you dont need a chain guide...or if in need, I have a CSixx 150g lying around.

Thanks Hayley,I will be in contact about that Csixx. Thinking of going with the NW as I have x9 with clutch.

Thought I may have seen you at karkloof this weekend.

The avids on my wicked are getting binned for a set of Hope E4. After the rubbish they caused today at karkloof.

I was at Karkloof today "the bat out of hell' remindered me of Morzine, so far its the closest comparison to the runs there I have yet found here.

Agreed. The 25kg weight won't matter as much up there. Plus - you'll have hundreds of okes wanting to put the bike on the lifts for you as a matter of course!

A DH bike it will be for sure, but I hope to have a better suited one for me by then.

I got this....

Rotors 180 F and R....may up to 203 up front, if I got time

In front, 170mm Rockshok Lyrik Coil with red coil, waiting for blue one just for comfort

Vivid Coil /Air at back, both have plenty play...

XO brakes (Trail 4-piston up front and standard XO 2-piston at rear...both great unless you get bubbles...bitch to bleed!)

Full face....recently considered Enduro-type lid until I hit the dirt hard a coupla days ago...rather have the gouges on my FF than on my RF (Real Face!)

FOX elbow and knee-shin combos...hard shell...see above comment! Got them fancy G-Form knee pads as well...

Rubber is Maxxis Minions 2.5 Super Tacky Downhillers, 2 ply and ghetto tubeless...sweet!

Oh and Giant Reign XO sled!

All of the above should get me to the bottom of the hill in one piece!

So I did warn myself about those XO brakes!! Trying to back off the Contact Point to fit new pads and the damn thing came apart in my hands....fluid all over the place and back to the agent.....AGAIN!.....ENUF....the 4-piston Trail up front is cool but now seeking new rear brakes!

Guest Omega Man

So I did warn myself about those XO brakes!! Trying to back off the Contact Point to fit new pads and the damn thing came apart in my hands....fluid all over the place and back to the agent.....AGAIN!.....ENUF....the 4-piston Trail up front is cool but now seeking new rear brakes!

Oh Dear.

AG **** I've done that before.

Take them to Lance at epic. He fixed my xx brakes when I did the same! If the seals are intact they can be reassembled and bled to be as good as new

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Guest Omega Man

Airport shuttle is booked.

So we're getting ready to rock.

The trail build teams are out in force in Les Gets and Morzine. The guys are building a trail in Les Gets called Airline. I think from the name you can guess what it's all about. It's a Double Black. A Proper Pucker Euro Double Black. Only Expert and Pro riders need apply.

They typically get busy in Chatel later because the snow melts later.

Airport shuttle is booked.

So we're getting ready to rock.

The trail build teams are out in force in Les Gets and Morzine. The guys are building a trail in Les Gets called Airline. I think from the name you can guess what it's all about. It's a Double Black. A Proper Pucker Euro Double Black. Only Expert and Pro riders need apply.

They typically get busy in Chatel later because the snow melts later.

So all you have to do is ride straight over the edge and land going downhill? With front wheel facing forward? Got it, easy peasy, it'll be a cake-walk especially if there no rocks or roots or trees in the landing zone!!!!! :eek:

Guest Omega Man

The diggers getting busy on Pleney today. Don't you wish our land owners had this type of attitude towards trail building?

post-18968-0-29208800-1400174191_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Man

We've just got word that there will be 3 brand new trails on the Pleney this year. Yes That's right. 3. That's to go with the 3 new tracks in Les Gets and the 3 amazing trails they built on Zore last year.

It looks like the boys in Morzine don't want us heading off into Switzerland this year.

And let's not forget the 2 new trails in Chatel. So that's 8 new trails. That's an entire Bike Park of new trails.

Edited by Omega Man

So how many of you here would be keen to test YT's for a day or so in Morzine and if so, which bike?

So how many of you here would be keen to test YT's for a day or so in Morzine and if so, which bike?

ALL OF THEM!!

I want to test all of them!

(but definitely the Tues 2.0, Noton, and Capra)