Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Still feels unreal that this is actually happening :D

Yup. Plane tickets are getting booked on Monday. I'm just waiting for 2 passport scans. And the accommodation deposit gets paid on Friday.

Patches told me about another company Also SA based who's doing 6 nights based in Chatel for virtually the same amount of money. See what a bargain I'm putting together for you guys? To be fair they are staying in what looks to be a very upmarket chalet and it's still cheaper than the Epic.

Personally I wouldn't want to stay in Chatel tho. The town (Although stunning) is quite far from the actual bikepark so you have to rely on busses to ferry you to and from the Chatel Bikepark.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Plane tickets are getting booked on Monday. I'm just waiting for 2 passport scans. And the accommodation deposit gets paid on Friday.

Patches told me about another company Also SA based who's doing 6 nights based in Chatel for virtually the same amount of money. See what a bargain I'm putting together for you guys? To be fair they are staying in what looks to be a very upmarket chalet and it's still cheaper than the Epic.

Personally I wouldn't want to stay in Chatel tho. The town (Although stunning) is quite far from the actual bikepark so you have to rely on busses to ferry you to and from the Chatel Bikepark.

You da man.....BTW what size tent should I bring? Ha ahhahahaha!

Guest Omega Man

You da man.....BTW what size tent should I bring? Ha ahhahahaha!

Hahaha. No tents. Those are for the squatting poms.

Hahaha. No tents. Those are for the squatting poms.

Coool....cuts my gear spend drastically! Sooooo, any hints for us on the accommodation? Who, what, where?

Guest Omega Man

Coool....cuts my gear spend drastically! Sooooo, any hints for us on the accommodation? Who, what, where?

All will be revealed soon. I've been forced to change the accommodation because of dates. Most of the places have a fixed changeover day which don't fit in to our dates. But the place we are staying at is perfect for our needs. Well priced. Good food. Close enough to the lifts. Halfpipe in the garden. Cheap drinks in the bar.

Run by riders for riders.

I must say of all the people making the trip I'm most impressed with you. Loads of CT based downhillers have promised high and low that they'd make the trip next year and when it came time to pull the trigger they went as quiet as a mouse.

Still some time to go so maybe you'll get some last minute takers! Thing is the flights are hardly likely to get cheaper........

Guest Omega Man

Still some time to go so maybe you'll get some last minute takers! Thing is the flights are hardly likely to get cheaper........

Yeah look I'm not too stressed about it actually. It looks like a nicely balanced crew of guys. We're 15 at the moment including myself which is a good number. Some first timers some repeat offenders. Some guys on AM bikes some guys on DH rigs. Even a 29er so it's a real mixed bag. Gonna be a good time that is for damned sure.

Guest Omega Man

Just 3 more for a full house!!!

Yup? Takers? Any takers?

Guest Omega Man

Hoekom het ek 'n Studente begroting???

Dis n Studente prys ouboet.

Edited by Omega Man