24 ski lifts

650km of marked trail

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

So Today is the last day to book for the trip.

I've booked 17 flights and paid accommodation deposits for 19 guys.

It looks like there's going to be a cash surplus on this one guys. Like I've said before I have no intention of making money out of this. My motivation is 2 fold. One is obviously to get a free trip out of the deal. The second is to help other guys experience the joys of riding a Mountain Bike in the Alps. Which really is where they belong.

So my question to the guys going.

1. Put the extra cash into the bar tab?
  2. Or do a day trip to Pila?

Pila is a resort in Italy. It's got a 17km dh track. I've seen vids and it's only the middle part where the IXS race runs that is gnarly so the guys on AM bikes should be ok. There's a company based in Morzine that does Pila day trips. They pick you up at your digs in the morning and drop you off in the evening after the days riding.

So what's it to be?

My vote goes for the Bar tab. BUT, if I'm voted out I won't mind having a day in Italy seeing the sites, riding the mellower trails and drinking some Birra!

This from www.pila.it:

"In Pila there is no need of the snow in order to savour the drunkness of the speed:  in summertime mountain-bike permanent tracks are opened. With this most important realization Pila follows the example of France and Switzerland, where the tracks of downhill are present in all the greater localities of winter sports. "

So you gonna get pissed there anyway! EDIT: (if you ride fast enough!)

Edited by capediver

Hey OM, appreciate the effort, getting good deals, and passing on the savings - you could have pocketed the difference and probably nobody would have minded - big up to you. My vote is day trip to Pila. Looks like a nice place.

Day trip to Pila please. LIke BikeBaling said, we can get drunk anywhere.

Plus i'd much rather be drunk on adrenalin.

Hey OM, appreciate the effort, getting good deals, and passing on the savings - you could have pocketed the difference and probably nobody would have minded - big up to you. My vote is day trip to Pila. Looks like a nice place.

True that, thanks for the effort OM!

Only reason for me going beer is because I'm a scaredy cat. But I've checked some youtube vids of the track and it seems ok. Just super steep, but nothing insane that you can't ride around. So as I said, I'll be fine either way.

Maybe our logo on the shirt can be "Pilla vir Sannie"...

Only reason for me going beer is because I'm a scaredy cat. But I've checked some youtube vids of the track and it seems ok. Just super steep, but nothing insane that you can't ride around. So as I said, I'll be fine either way.

Maybe our logo on the shirt can be "Pilla vir Sannie"...

Sannie soek vir Pila

Guest Omega Man

No probs. I'm trying to build credibility. Next year I'll be somewhat more mercenary I think.