Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anyone had their bikes checked since our return?

I thought my bike handled the terrain admirably, but my service invoice begs to differ :whistling:

4 Spokes kaput (I think Morgins did that)

BB basically constructed of mud and grease (I know the Les Gets bike wash did that)

Chain and cassette FUBAR (see BB for reference)

Brakepads needed replacement (to be fair my XT pads lasted the whole trip which was a surprise)

Pedals near seizing but saved with a good service.

Oh well, good thing is getting my bike in tip-top shape has just amped me for my first post-Morzine ride.

Hit Tokai the next day....new Super Tacky Minion at back (Ghettoed with camo-Gorilla tape only!)...all systems working! Body a bit wobbly though....need some R&R!!

Guest Omega Man

Hit Tokai the next day....new Super Tacky Minion at back (Ghettoed with camo-Gorilla tape only!)...all systems working! Body a bit wobbly though....need some R&R!!

Did the DH feel like an uphill?

Erm. Er. that track is HUUUUGE. The video's don't even come close to doing it justice.

Exactly why I won't be attempting it on my Jekyll :whistling:

Exactly why I won't be attempting it on my Jekyll :whistling:

Not exactly your Jekyll I'd be worried about. Unless your bike shop also has a backroom neurology department...

Did the DH feel like an uphill?

I waited at the bottom for the chairlift......then decided %$%^# it, must be down for maintenance....then decided to pedal up before the sun sets...nearly died!

Not exactly your Jekyll I'd be worried about. Unless your bike shop also has a backroom neurology department...

Its a Cannondale not a Specialized, there is no brain on the Jekyll.... :stupid:

So has anyone had their bikes checked since our return?

I thought my bike handled the terrain admirably, but my service invoice begs to differ :whistling:

4 Spokes kaput (I think Morgins did that)

BB basically constructed of mud and grease (I know the Les Gets bike wash did that)

Chain and cassette FUBAR (see BB for reference)

Brakepads needed replacement (to be fair my XT pads lasted the whole trip which was a surprise)

Pedals near seizing but saved with a good service.

Oh well, good thing is getting my bike in tip-top shape has just amped me for my first post-Morzine ride.

DH bike can take that terrain. No hassles on the trip from mine but have replaced all pivot and wheel bearings and it's running good as new (better check my pedals though-tx for the heads up).

Guest Omega Man

Well done guys, looks like a good trip!

Coming next year? I've got a room booked for you already.

Coming next year? I've got a room booked for you already.

Would love to .... let's see if the office can sponsor me :P :D :lol:

DH bike can take that terrain. No hassles on the trip from mine but have replaced all pivot and wheel bearings and it's running good as new (better check my pedals though-tx for the heads up).

My bike seems ok, but maybe it's because it's still in the box.

This weekend is earmarked for a bit of strip and clean action.