Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Sorry if I missed this but ROUGHLY what is the pricing for the trip?

Don't think I'd make next year, but perhaps I could scrounge together for the following...sounds freaking amazing! :D

The pricing for the trip is R29500.

That covers

Flights

Airport Shuttles

Accommodation

12 day lift pass

breakfast and dinner in the chalet

The only thing you're paying for is beer and shopping really. Oh and lunch.

You can do it cheaper but with us everything is organized for you and personally going with a big crew adds to the experience.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That covers

Flights

Airport Shuttles

Accommodation

12 day lift pass

Wow that's not bad man!

Wow that's not bad man!

It really isn't.  What Duane fails to mention is that besides the riding it's like walking around in the Sound of Music.  Civilised folk, Surreal mountain forests and cowfields, and a holiday atmosphere 24/7.

It really is crazy to think you get that for under R30k.  It pains me to say, you can't even buy a new bike for that money anymore!

It really isn't.  What Duane fails to mention is that besides the riding it's like walking around in the Sound of Music.  Civilised folk, Surreal mountain forests and cowfields, and a holiday atmosphere 24/7.

It really is crazy to think you get that for under R30k.  It pains me to say, you can't even buy a new bike for that money anymore!

And last year with World Cup stops nearby some of the guys got to ride their bikes with Gregg Minnaar et al. 

The only prob Iis I was in Europe last December (Germany and Spain) for a climbing trip, AND just got me a new Pyga, so will be hard to justify going to Europe AGAIN next year ... although There are always ways :P

That covers

Flights

Airport Shuttles

Accommodation

12 day lift pass

The only thing you're paying for is beer and shopping really. Oh and lunch.

You can do it cheaper but with us everything is organized for you and personally going with a big crew adds to the experience.

Wow that's not bad man!

As far as spending money goes, Okay I was a little on the conservative side but I spent about R3200 while I was there. That included a few beers every night, lunch every day, a sick pair of goggles, a few T-shirts and snacks here and there.

Just saying that if you take it easy it's not that bad.

Without the horrible music in the background!

I think the trip is damn good value. Especially if you compare the Cost Per Day to do some of the more well-known stage races in the country. Yes you can’t boast about it to your mates around the braai but I guarantee it will be the best riding experience of your life. You’ll also make a bunch of new mates on the trip. Ask Les & Nico.

Also the up side is if you are careful with your cash you’ll spend well under 5k whilst you are there. Supermarket beers are comparable in price to our local stuff and you can easily do a Carrefour lunch for under 5 Euro a day. The stuff that spanks your wallet is getting drunk in the bars, restaurant meals and bike repairs.

Even the riding kit isn't THAAAT expensive. You can get a PDS riding shirt for under 30 Euro

APART from the amazing and safely built single track, 20 odd ski lifts, 6 bike parks, 12 Alps with trail. 

There’s the incredible scenery, great food, amazing bars with great local beers. Etc Etc Etc.

Remember the place is a ski resort in the winter so the entire place is set up to be an action sports playground.

Oh. And there’s 7000 other like-minded people there looking to also have fun.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

And last year with World Cup stops nearby some of the guys got to ride their bikes with Gregg Minnaar et al. 

The Bergiemont (Bergamont) team were squatting in the parking lot when we were there. 

Same Dale wizzed past a few times.

But the real legend who was spotted was DUUUURAN!

plus you can get some awesome kit you won't get here!

Don't go over there expecting insanely cheap kit but bargains are found!

Me goggles for example... cost me R450 which is on par but nice and unique compare to the local stuff.

post-31228-0-80105500-1447397825_thumb.jpg

post-31228-0-83375300-1447397856_thumb.jpg

post-31228-0-41345800-1447397910_thumb.jpg

The Saffer car bar, okay we didn't have a car but there were a few in the parking lot....

The fresh ice cold mountain water troughs are amazing! I didn't use tap water once in my hydration pack in those two weeks!

The troughs do become more appealing after a long days riding when beers is added to be cooled by the water.  :whistling:

post-31228-0-99518800-1447398376_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok lads. It's time to put up or shut up.

Who's in for 2016? We leave the 31st of July. I guarantee this will be the best riding experience of your life. Every day. For 12 days!

Ok lads. It's time to put up or shut up.

Who's in for 2016? We leave the 31st of July. I guarantee this will be the best riding experience of your life. Every day. For 12 days!

At this exchange rate  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cursing:

At this exchange rate  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cursing:

At the rate it's going we'll never get the chance again. Besides. You and I both know that even at 50k it's a BARGAIN!

• 3 months later...

Is anyone on here looking to do a Morzine trip this year?

We won't be going this year but there is a group from CT going towards the end of July/Beginning of August.

These types of trips are always more fun with a group.

I can't recommend this trip highly enough. You'll ride in 6 of the best bikeparks in Europe. See stunning scenery. Make lifelong friends and improve your riding a ridiculous amount.