Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Flip. It looks epic

Epic is how you describe what you see when you arrive..(oh and "FARRRKKK that looks steep!")..there are no words to really describe it after 12 days of riding there!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh so Thaaat's why it's a bad idea to use a pressure washer on a BB.

Did you open Pandora's box!? Good thing the Dept of Agriculture didn't check us out at the airport arrivals...I suspect we all brought a sizable chunk of Portes du (non)Soleil back with us! Not to mention embedded cow pooh in socks and whatnot!

Edited by capediver

Guest Omega Man

Did you open Pandora's box!? Good thing the Dept of Agriculture didn't check us out at the airport arrivals...I suspect we all brought a sizable chunk of Portes du (non)Soleil back with us! Not to mention embedded cow pooh in socks and whatnot!

Yup. Ugly.

Tony tell me if you recognize this song.

Bonus points if you can tell me what surf movie it's from. No Googling!!

Edited by Omega Man

Yup. Ugly.

Tony tell me if you recognize this song.

Bonus points if you can tell me what surf movie it's from. No Googling!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFmHoT1JeYY&feature=youtu.be

Jeess man you got me....It's gotta be post 1980 maybe one of the Ripcurl or BB skits....definitely not 5 Summer Stories or BW or even Freeride...(BTW start and end of discussion Endless Summer, watchable 1 x 10 to the power of ~) BUT we digress! Morzine barrels are up there with the best especially that one on Pleney Black...did you notice that it was always offshore, crowded but we all got rides!?

Guest Omega Man

Jeess man you got me....It's gotta be post 1980 maybe one of the Ripcurl or BB skits....definitely not 5 Summer Stories or BW or even Freeride...(BTW start and end of discussion Endless Summer, watchable 1 x 10 to the power of ~) BUT we digress! Morzine barrels are up there with the best especially that one on Pleney Black...did you notice that it was always offshore, crowded but we all got rides!?

Gangajang. From Mad Wax. Quicksilver vid when Tom Carrol was at the height of his powers.

Ja. And there was swell every day. And the dude on the jetski was always on hand to drag you back into the lineup.

I must say the feeling in my arms after a few days was sure the same as those flat out days battling the inside river at Supers on a big day!

Guest Omega Man

Gonna have to wean myself off of the heroin of Morzine with Methadone from the Garden Route trail park. That's the only way I'll make it to 2015.

Edited by Omega Man

Went for my first post-M ride today at Jonkers. Few observations:

- Despite all the ski-lifts I am fitter than I've ever been, so don't think it's all cruising. PR's on all the climbs nogal.

- Our trails are different. Not worse. Not better. Just not comparable IMHO. The stuff here challenges you in a very different way than the stuff in France. France is steep, fast, and big. Our stuff is narrow, tech and requires a chain and cranks. I freaked out today when trees were flying at me 5mm from my handlebars. Felt like I was riding singletrack for the first time in years.

- Also, I think the consequences of coming off on our average gravity trails are worse than coming off on the blues, greens and some reds in Morzine. Stuff's just a bit dodgier here.

- I think if you're comfortable riding the stuff here fast then you will have an epic time in Morzine. So what I'm getting at is, don't NOT do the trip because you think our trails don't prepare you for it. They do and you will have plenty to ride, and ride well even if you're a XC or marathon guru.

- There is a sadistic joy to be had in climbing 1200m on your Sunday ride :ph34r: