Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

I've said it before. Wives want their husbands to be happy. I think you'll be surprised. Of course negotiating subsequent trips will prove more difficult.

hahaha! A certain member of our group last year had only been married for 2 weeks before he asked his wife if he could go riding in France with his buddies :ph34r:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

hahaha! A certain member of our group last year had only been married for 2 weeks before he asked his wife if he could go riding in France with his buddies :ph34r:

My wife and I went to Bali on honeymoon. The surfboards went with.

Going to Morzine is on the wish list for many people, but will remain so because they make a no. of they own reasons why they cant go this year,or next,(I am not trying to point this at anyone here)my wife actually mentioned this to me.

The end result is you never make it happen.I my case I am getting age against me so if I didnt make it happen,it never will.

Will I go again? most likely! my wife loved the place and will join me.

My wife and I went to Bali on honeymoon. The surfboards went with.

Well the individual in question flew his wife out for the remainder of his trip after he had an oopsie.

Can't say I blame him though... the Alps are beautiful... someone one wants to share.

Guest Omega Man

Going to Morzine is on the wish list for many people, but will remain so because they make a no. of they own reasons why they cant go this year,or next,(I am not trying to point this at anyone here)my wife actually mentioned this to me.

The end result is you never make it happen.I my case I am getting age against me so if I didnt make it happen,it never will.

Will I go again? most likely! my wife loved the place and will join me.

Exactly. Bucket list. Pah! A bucket list is just a collection of things you've given yourself permission not to do.

Guest Omega Man

Well the individual in question flew his wife out for the remainder of his trip after he had an oopsie.

Can't say I blame him though... the Alps are beautiful... someone one wants to share.

Ja. I need to make a plan to get my wife over there. The problem is her job is such that she can only take leave in December.

Ja. I need to make a plan to get my wife over there. The problem is her job is such that she can only take leave in December.

She needs to get outta there dude.

But yes. 2015 is the one. Sadly the little money sucker and my wife's fledgling photog business has taken all my tax money this year, so there's no scope for a trip, unless something huuuuuge happens (working on that though)

I already have permission (the biggest thing) as long as we book a family skiing trip as well.

Exactly. Bucket list. Pah! A bucket list is just a collection of things you've given yourself permission not to do.

I also don't believe in bucket lists...I would be doing more and going more places of it wasn't so much more travelling alone compared to travelling worth someone.

Guest Omega Man

I already have permission (the biggest thing) as long as we book a family skiing trip as well.

I can help with catered accommodation for 400 paurnds a week. In Jan which is pretty much peak season. Just saying.

Guest Omega Man

I also don't believe in bucket lists...I would be doing more and going more places of it wasn't so much more travelling alone compared to travelling worth someone.

Ja. the problem with bucket lists is by the the time you have enough money to do the bucket list your body will be worn out. I say live life. NOW!

Ja. the problem with bucket lists is by the the time you have enough money to do the bucket list your body will be worn out. I say live life. NOW!

Exactly! I have to sacrifice a "bucket load" (like eating for the next 10 months...) to make this trip happen for me next year! Why not wait for 2015 someone may ask. Its because this time next year I will wake up and realize I haven't started saving yet so I need to just get this done!

Bottom line is to just bite the bullet and make it happen!

She needs to get outta there dude.

But yes. 2015 is the one. Sadly the little money sucker and my wife's fledgling photog business has taken all my tax money this year, so there's no scope for a trip, unless something huuuuuge happens (working on that though)

I am burning to book one currently for Desember! (Well not a family one of course.)

Exactly! I have to sacrifice a "bucket load" (like eating for the next 10 months...) to make this trip happen for me next year! Why not wait for 2015 someone may ask. Its because this time next year I will wake up and realize I haven't started saving yet so I need to just get this done!

Bottom line is to just bite the bullet and make it happen!

LOL. Absolutely dude. Problem is I'm getting out of a hole that someone else dug for me (and yes, I am also to blame) and I'm just starting to see the light at the end. To say yes to the itch would get me back on the way to the bottom again.

Priorities. That's what it's about. If I were single, I could survive on baked beans on toast all year. But I'm not, and I can't.

I am burning to book one currently for Desember! (Well not a family one of course.)

LOL. The other condition is that it has to be in the same year as the Morzine trip. And if I'm going, I go properly - so that's R 80k for the trips, combined. Yikes.

LOL. Absolutely dude. Problem is I'm getting out of a hole that someone else dug for me (and yes, I am also to blame) and I'm just starting to see the light at the end. To say yes to the itch would get me back on the way to the bottom again.

Priorities. That's what it's about. If I were single, I could survive on baked beans on toast all year. But I'm not, and I can't.

I know where your coming from! I have just got myself out of a little mess and this trip is going to set me back a touch but on the other hand I am not married, I don't have kids or anyone depending on me so if I dig a little hole it doesn't effect anyone but me so screw it! In for a penny in for a pound! :whistling:

I have a few more years before I need to start thinking about sealing the deal with the girlfriend so there is no better time then the present for me! :clap:

Guest Omega Man

LOL. The other condition is that it has to be in the same year as the Morzine trip. And if I'm going, I go properly - so that's R 80k for the trips, combined. Yikes.

So in short it's not going to happen. No one has 80k in cash. Your wife is essentially making both trips impossible. I hope you pointed that out to her.

Maybe do the ski thing one year and then do the biking thing. Not trying to be a d1ck just pointing out the obvious.

Edited by Omega Man