Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

The K-Way stuff is nice. Leaning towards something from Dakine myself. I think this is the only piece of kit I still need.

Are hydration packs still frowned upon?

No. Anyone who rides without one there is a t00l in my opinion. I'll have one and I'll have spare tubes and bombs for sale for 40 Euro. EACH!

Pushing your bike 10km and missing the last lift on the way back from a day at Morgins because you think you are too cool to wear a pack will suck. and you will be laughed at.

Oh and while I'm on this rant. Drinking water out of your mate's pack is uncool. Yes you Nic!

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite keen to get one of those nice big Dakine hydration packs which double as a backpack for food and kit.

My Camelbak is too small for a proper waterproof jacket and knee guards. Will need the pack for Enuro races in any event (because transition in pads suck).

Any tips of where to buy? My LBS sells Dakine kit, but not backpacks.

Edited by NicoBoshoff

I'm quite keen to get one of those nice big Dakine hydration packs which double as a backpack for food and kit.

My Camelbak is too small for a proper waterproof jacket and knee guards. Will need the pack for Enuro races in any event (because transition in pads suck).

Any tips of where to buy? My LBS sells Dakine kit, but not backpacks.

www.swindle.co.za

Look at the 25L AMP pack maybe - https://swindle.co.za/shop/brand/dakine/mens-amp-mtb-pack-25l.html

Order before 12:00 and you should get it the next day.

I think my Nomad should be ok for the trip.

Hmmm, seems like the trip will include a "learn the oddities of the Afrikaans language" section. But yes, it means awesome :thumbup:

Klink goed. My "eg afrikaans" is maar sloppy at best.

Guest Omega Man

Fox Oasis looks like a good option...locally here for about ZAR1000

Ja something just a little bigger than just a hydration pack. You are gonna carry a tube, pump/bombs, quick link, tire levers, multi tool, and on the wet/long travel days a waterproof.

I also take at least 50 Euro in cash for a taxi (u never know) sunblock a little bagy of bolts, Your insuance card and..... Your liiiiiiift paaassssss!!!!

Guest Omega Man

Leave some cash for bits to buy there. Prices aren't great but the variety is.

Plus you haven't been to France until you've gotten the look from a frog working in a shop. You know. The one that says you're stupid, irritating and ruining his day by walking into his shop to spend money.

Leave some cash for bits to buy there. Prices aren't great but the variety is.

Plus you haven't been to France until you've gotten the look from a frog working in a shop. You know. The one that says you're stupid, irritating and ruining his day by walking into his shop to spend money.

That is where afrikaans will come in handy :D Take a lot of that with.

you dont have one already?? :eek:

I have a little cheap pack I got years ago which has hardly any space and the bladder got thrown out so I really just use it to carry a puncture kit, tiny pump and multitool...

I have a little cheap pack I got years ago which has hardly any space and the bladder got thrown out so I really just use it to carry a puncture kit, tiny pump and multitool...

you can get these from Full Throttle - Thor 3l hydration pack - less than a grand.

http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2010-Thor-Motocross-Hydrant-Hydration-Pack.jpg