Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

The games library isn't very big at the moment, but hopefully it will grow. I don't think it will get the majority of games that are available on lets say the PS or Xbox, I think it's more of a family friendly system. Saying that, there are a few games that are planned for the Switch that are more suited for adults. I like to go on Raru every now and then to check for any updates on the games lineup.

https://raru.co.za/video-games/brand/3506-nintendo-switch-games-hardware-accessories

Seems to be focused on the more 'fun' multiplayer games.

And tbh it's more fun playing mariokart than getting beaten mercilessly in overwatch.

I think my worst score in OW is 3 kills and more than 20 deaths. In the same round.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The nice thing about the Switch is that you can play it handheld, so you can take it wherever you go, or docked for playing on the TV. This is me today playing Zelda while it's quiet at work. The JoyCons are ok, but I prefer the pro controller.

http%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2JByt

You had me at "playing Zelda while it's quiet at work"

Its time to start saving I guess :P 

The nice thing about the Switch is that it's handheld, so you can take it wherever you go, or play it docked for TV. This is me playing Zelda today while it's quiet at work. The Joycons are ok, but I prefer the pro controller.

21125742_10155747642589791_8106910667711

SO who else played COD WW2 beta this weekend? It was amazing. This COD is def setting the benchmark in FPS gaming

SO who else played COD WW2 beta this weekend? It was amazing. This COD is def setting the benchmark in FPS gaming

I gave up on COD after BLOPS 2

Don't think I'll be buying. Battlefield is where my loyalties lie now

You had me at "playing Zelda while it's quiet at work"

Its time to start saving I guess :P 

720p in handheld mode, which is not bad in my opinion for a handheld, and 1080p when it's docked for TV.

Started playing DOOM last night, 'cos it was on special on STEAM. Playing in my lounge with the xbox windows controller. Damn, it's difficult playing FPS on a controller!!! GIVE ME A MOUSE AND KB ANYDAY

FPS built for consoles make it easier by having a little aim assist that most mouse-and-keyboard games don't have.

Also, the controller starts to feel better the more you play (still nowhere near a mouse and keyboard though)

ok, so you gaming guru's.

what would be a good puzzle/strategy/adventure game with not to much violence that one could purchase for use on a PC?

Alice in wonderland. Old game. Used to play it in varsity. Good RPG, not to violent. you only kill card soldiers. 

what would be a good puzzle/strategy/adventure game with not to much violence that one could purchase for use on a PC?

Have never played any of the Tomb Raider games, but I hear they're pretty good action adventures with some puzzles in the games. Not sure how much violence there is though.

The new tomb raider games are insanely fun. Challenging puzzles and very impressive visuals(especially if you have a UHD tv)

But most games lately have some form of violence. Tomb raider is quite gun focused and there is (a lot) of killing involved but no gore.

I would recommend:

Mass effect series

Tomb Raider series

Age of empires4 (when it releases soon)

Starcraft (1 or 2)

Sid Meiers Civilization

Starcraft 1 is now free to play

starcraft 2 is only free for multiplayer however.

Tomb Raider is good option

Going bit old school Prince of Persia had nice puzzles.

Mass effect is a personal favorite however have yet to play newest one.

Sid meiers stuff usually gets bit too involved for me.